[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

I got it fixed ty you guys shouldve said something sooner then wait till what post 460 lol.

1 Like

It’s probably that people just didn’t want to pry or seem rude. One of the downsides to text is you can’t always easily convey your intent. Ask Mirasol how that goes. She’s had to tread some pretty fine lines to remain as neutral sounding as possible because she knows this from years of experience. :slight_smile:

In my case it wasn’t that I was conversely being pointed, just trying to point out a potential annoyance (and frustration as you can’t disable it on the user end side of things). I tend to think of things in absolutes and/or literals. Helpful in tech support, but which can easily be misconstrued as being obnoxious if I’m not careful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im always willing ro.correct a mistake if i can i work retail it will take. Alot more to annoy me lol god ihave some good comebacks to those that try to attck me but im a good boy.

Your typing also makes it appear you’re sliiiiiiiightly inebriated. :wink: Don’t worry, I have nowhere to go tomorrow and my plan is to enjoy the last half of my Bailey’s Mint Shake bottle (~375ml) tonight and just float off into lala land. It’s weird - I actually tried an experiment to see if I could get plastered last month by downing the entire bottle in one go. Despite almost never having anything alcoholic, I hardly even got a buzz. I could definitely tell my reflexes were dulled, but my cognitive capabilities remained intact. I should have been able to levitate to my chair downstairs where I sleep (I can’t lay flat thanks to pleurisy), but nope, almost nothing.

I won’t repeat that particular experiment, mostly because at a minimum of $23/bottle the stuff ain’t cheap and I prefer root beer floats anyway, but also because it was just an experiment as I’d literally never gotten plastered. I actually get more enjoyment out of doing things like just visualizing my character (figuratively) turning into Tiny Tia™ and diving into the lounge coffee pot. Has to do with how I visualize things in literal terms in my head. Told ya I’m a weirdo. I mean, what’s the use of being an adult if you can’t be a kid? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

TBH I don’t think DW drinks. I remember him saying something about that before while he was on vacation But I do know him to have picked up Mastadons typo bug.

4 Likes

I dont drink im usualy on my cell and dont notice the typo so try not to judge a person by there typing.

1 Like

rearranged my desk so now i can see the LED party my tower gives me :3

6 Likes

Gotcha. FWIW, there are days when my typing makes me look loopy. Usually that’s when I’ve been stuck up for 2-3 days straight thanks to the CellCept that I have to take to keep my body from attacking itself to death.

:test_tube:

Heh. My Strix 4090 has an LED party of its own, but it’s inside a Cosmos II case. As mine is the original version (all steel panels and no glass) RGB is wasted, and in any case not desired. I’d turn off the LEDs on the GPU but I’d have to install the god awful ASUS Armory Crate/Aura software. ASUS software is like STDs for Windows. I have their Herculx GPU anti-sag stand, which I’m glad I got. Easy to use and the level that comes with it is very useful. I left the RGB cable unplugged though. RGB is just wasted electricity for me and does nothing but add heat to the system. Wish there was an updated version of the original Cosmos II case with modern USB-C, but I suppose I can find a faceplate/backplane and put it in one of the spare 5.25" bays.

I don’t hate RGB, I just find it distracting visually as I have only one eye to work with and anything that draws my eye’s attention away from what I’m doing is a negative to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my pc was also free for hitting my 1 year anniversary at my previous company :3 got a 3080 ti back when it was super rare

4 Likes

What a fantastic benefit!!! I was able to get a laptop for a discount through my company corporate purchase plan back in 2013, but it most certainly was not free!

I hope you get many years of use out of your PC!

EDIT:

Another 95F or more day with heat index well over 100. I DID go out for a bicycle cruise around the block before I even had coffee. Watered plants, filled bird baths.

Hiding inside again today and playing games I think. If I feel super motivated, I might finish the basement painting I started this winter before getting sidetracked with outside projects.

3 Likes

Oh, you probably get annoyed easily enough. It just takes a lot to get it to show (if you’re anything like I was when I was working fast food).

1 Like

Mc donalds cheeseburger no cheese i still gave them a hamburger no difference.

3 Likes

Birthday weekend! Even it is not for a few days, Me and others decided to celebrate this weekend. Gonna wargame all day today with my friends, this evening going to make the meat mixture for my stuffed cabbages. Tomorrow family and friends are coming over and gonna stuff out faces. My niece and nephews are whining because I asked for a Carrot Cake for my Birthday. Heheheh

5 Likes

I love carrot cake!!! Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are going to really enjoy it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, after the past few months, I need something positive to happen.

4 Likes

Too hot to do that here. Today is supposed to be the hottest of the week, approaching 105-110 here. Just going out to the mailbox is iffy for someone that’s as out of breath as I currently am. I got the house down to 68F last night at 2 AM with the AC (screw whether anyone complains about noise in this heat wave - I need to survive, not melt) and within ten minutes it jumped back up to 73. That’s how warm it is outside.

Heh. In a heatwave I wouldn’t try that. It takes surprisingly little movement to tire out with the kind of weather we’re both getting.

I was lucky enough to seldom have grumpy folks coming in when I worked as front desk for the bowling alley I used to work at. Most of them knew I was quick, and I was the only cat that worked the desk so I got lots of purrs from the kids (my greeting was, and still is "good meowning/aftermeowning/evemeowning). Thankfully I save actual meows for when I’m either by myself or I get a needle in my arm. The meow when I get poked makes the technicians and nurses giggle. :slight_smile:

Mmm…carrot cake. Bonus points if it has raisins in it!

I’m kind of in the same boat. I’m going to need some seriously happy happenstance(s) since I’m staring down the possibility of a second lung biopsy, and the first one two years ago put me in the hospital for a month when the nursing facility I was in refused to listen to me when I complained of pressure in my chest (I had two pneumothoraxes in my right side that almost killed me). The pneumothoraxes were a direct result of the biopsy, so, not looking forward to a second go around. :frowning:

1 Like

Same 410 birthday tommorow escape room then hotvdog roast i realy do feel like 400 somedays.

it’s hilarious that I was the only person with a good PC, a lot of people at the company had to send theirs back a few times to get it fully repaired. still contemplating on scraping off old company logo from the PC or buying a new case and selling the corpo logo engraved case to a fan of the company.

2 Likes

The whole “old company” thing is harder than it seems. I went through most of 14 years worth of old company stuff in early June. Along with documents from the rest of my life. Took it to shred. Found a few more boxes…went through one today. Found my offer letter from 2001, my onboarding paperwork, the letter for my transfer to another location and pay raise with it. I DID put a bunch of things in recycle or trash. Some in the shred pile. A few in the “deal with it later” box. What to do with awards… IDK.

If the case makes you happy in any way, keep it. If it just brings up memories you don’t want, sell it.

1 Like

I just ran across some guy from Australia making fun of the demise of my old employer.
“Steve” in the clip would be Steve Sasson, the story is very much oversimplified, but not totally wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/InkJ8_aJzOo?feature=share

1 Like