[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

That place is so relaxing.

1 Like

Right and hopefully it will be a nice warm summer for alot of them.

SpaceX just launched another rocket from SoCal.

2 Likes

Iā€™m too used to them to notice. That and someone within a mile is lighting off a firework periodically.

Gota rescue those astronauts one way or the other.

1 Like

Just think, tomorrow, you only have to step outside at dusk to see one of the largest fireworks shows in the world.

9 Likes

Gonna clean the garage the next week. Not looking forward to it as we are getting 100F+ temps and no rain to be seen, Well, that might not be true as we got TS Beryl making an appearance.

1 Like

While cleaning the garage is admirable, is there a REASON it needs to be done when it is so hot? I did mine this week in 80 degree temps and was dripping sweat everywhere. I would not do that to myself again if I could wait for better weather. heh.

I have only told a few people IRL that I got the vintage bike. My parents and sister were pretty neutral or pleased. My brother in law, former housemate, and former boss/family friend all instantly asked me about a helmet and offered to either find a spare to give me or buy me one. Like, it was the first thing they said and I did not bring it up.

I know I am accident prone but really? It is not a law to have them for adults where I live and I am not going on the real roads! Just staying on quiet neighborhood streets. I guess the first thought everyone had related to me on a bike is that I am going to kill myself.

I did go for a small ride this morning early. I did not die! I did not even get hurt.

5 Likes

These two things should not go together.

I figure itā€™s just like riding a motorcycle - I may be the safest person out there, but all it takes is one person not paying attention. Iā€™ve had enough near-misses on my morning walks that Iā€™ve really loaded up on safety gear. High-vis/reflective shirts and jackets werenā€™t enough, so I got one for the doggo, too. Those werenā€™t enough, so I got a strobe light thatā€™s visible 5+ miles. That seems to have been enough, as Iā€™ve not had any close calls in quite a while. In fact, my neighbor, who is the fire chief, told me the department is getting some of those lights for their crews to use when working traffic accidents.

4 Likes

Finally sucked it up and went yesterday to get all of my bi-annual blood work and labs collected. To celebrate it (and the end of ā€œbehaving myselfā€ ahead of said tests), I treated myself. God bless the USA. Weā€™ll see what I can get accomplished while running through this sugar high.

9 Likes
http://www.disneyphotoblography.com/2024/07/a-wondrous-fourth.html

Tried to link one of the photos, but could not. Someone add pleaseā€¦

2 Likes

Happy 4th!

4 Likes

Lmao.

I wish they sold coffee shirts.

3 Likes

Grabbed one and uploaded it to Imgur for easier linking:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve had a couple of freak accidents on a bicycle, I wouldnā€™t go anywhere without a helmet.

One where I hit my head too. I wasnā€™t moving quickly in either caseā€¦ freak accidents.

4 Likes

I am free!!

7 Likes

Just watched the recent Kong vs Godzilla film. Good popcorn movie.

1 Like

This weeks the boys was bizzare and i thot last season party episode was whacked.

1 Like

Itā€™s hilarious at all the people wasting their illegal fireworks here in L. A. by shooting them off while it is still full on daylight outside.

3 Likes