[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

Do people seriously rage over a fortnight? I honestly thought raging only existed for NES Metroid or Mario Bros. Lost Levels.

/RIP 21102412 (My ICQ number from 30 years ago.)

2 Likes

Well, heā€™s 8 (waaaay too young in my opinion to be playing any sort of game like that, but that is a whole different conversation), and if he gets massacred, itā€™s the end of the world. Sulking, raging and tantrums ensue.

Iā€™m not as nice as my brother is. Iā€™ve got no qualms against taking the Switch away or putting parental controls in place that their dad canā€™t even get around.

1 Like

It sounds like you would have good control of your kids. And itā€™s funny to lock Daddy out of the switchā€”unless he knows how to get the master code.

1 Like

I love him dearly but he recently had to buy my youngest nephew a brand new tablet because it was set up with new credentials and then everything was forgotten (and of course not written down). And factory resetting the bloody thing wouldnā€™t wipe the Google log-in stuff as a precaution against the tablet being stolen. I even called the manufacturer to figure out how to wipe it clean and you pretty much couldnā€™t without that log-in stuff.

I finally had it with my niece watching non-age-appropriate things on her tablet, and she got hit with my parental locks the last time I was up there. So they know already auntie doesnā€™t play. I do warn my brother what Iā€™m going to do before I do it, but he trusts me and knows Iā€™m not doing things just to be a jerk. Heā€™s still figuring out the whole single dad thing, with smothering support from all of us helping him and the kiddos.

2 Likes

I saw that on fb reminded me of something here.

1 Like

I had a hobby day with friends. Went to my LFGS and hung out building and painting stuff while shooting the breeze.

2 Likes

I still count digits to see whether peopleā€™s UIN are longer or shorter than mine.

2 Likes

If Iā€™m remembering correctly (been so long), I do believe my ICQ number was 1440537.

Messing around on Instagram (I knowā€¦) found an artist named Punkey Doodles. Hysterical D&D animations, some are NSFW though.

1 Like

Okayā€¦ This is too muchā€¦

A Wizard Cowboy.

/cast Belly full of Lead

Down the rabbit hole I goā€¦

1 Like

6 Likes

What Iā€™d do (if itā€™s online games) is randomize the wifi password, then give them a text file with ~64k possible passwords. The password is in there, but they donā€™t know which one it is.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Your a heck of a sister to be helping out like that. Kuddos to you.

2 Likes

1ā€¦ 2ā€¦ 3ā€¦ 4ā€¦ I declare a wizard war!

I cast ā€œOne dead pixil on your computer monitorā€ā€¦

2 Likes

I have not had enough coffee for a Wizard war!

grab clean cloth and wipes monitor clean All better.

sips coffee

We got a whole 1/2 inch of rain last night!!! I could rain dance I am so happy. We might get some more today too which is fantastic.

Friday and Sat were spent doing ALL THE WORK, as usual sort of.

• Power washed the front of the house and sidewalk. Did not do the public sidewalk along the street.
  • Power washed the South tall side of the house.
  • Dismantled the ceiling fan/light on the screen porch to clean it and remove fan blades. Fan does not work and never has since I bought the house. Painted the metal motor cage blue instead of rusty beige/white.
  • Painted the ceiling in the screen porch because it badly needed it, and because the fan was already apart!
  • Weeded front gardens, cut back roses, mulched the front of the beds, hand dug the entire edge of the rock border for the beds. Gives me a nice weed free gap.
  • Planted two Russian Sage plants in that front bed.
  • Caulked the garage door in prep for finish painting.
  • Dishes, laundry, floors, etc.

I am sort of glad it is hot and stormy today because I need a break!

3 Likes

I cast dehydrate on your thermal paste.

3 Likes

I think I need a coffee soonā€¦

4 Likes

Off to see quiet place day 1.

We got 2 inches of rain yesterday morning. We needed it. It was really hot and humid all day. Today itā€™s dry and 62 out. So many up and down temps this year.

This morning was windy. My tomatoes are in boxes on the deck. They are pushed up against a shepherdā€™s hook stuck in the ground on the edge. We zip tie them to the pole in case of thunderstorms. They blew over and off the deck. The pole snapped right off at ground level. Just a random really big gust of wind. No storms. Lost a bunch of green tomatoes. :frowning_face: Never had a shepherdā€™s hook snap off before. They are pretty sturdy.