[CS LOUNGE] Springing Forward

The bad thing? It’s not even a GD trainwreck. This is some new metric or some such, I swear it.

Olord. Do I need to get my Thallia Trout back out to slap some sense around? lol

Shadows of the void next expansion ill give him credit that was well thot out i kinda like it.

I’m a touch late (Eastern time, speaking), but for those of us who get to suffer the joys of daylight savings time - don’t forget to push any clocks forward an hour that don’t automatically do it themselves.

2 Likes

i hate DST lol i’m working night shift and lose an hour to finish my paperwork and with some recent changes, it’s going to be cutting it close on whether i get it all done before 7am sigh lol

Where would one find the most current (and thus accurate) datacenter time zone info for the realms? There seems to be some discrepancies in the sites I have found.

link 1: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Americas_region_realm_list_by_datacenter

link 2: https://raidbuff.com/wowdatabase/bloodscalp-na-us/

Link 1 lists BLOODSCALP as Mountain and Link 2 lists it as Central.

Thanks!

Hm, that is wonky. I’ve always gone by Wowpedia, but the Raidbuff site was updated 2021 against Wowpedia’s note of being as of 2020.

All of the realm connections that have taken place overtime, I don’t know if they’ve played any part in twisting things up. Heck, Wowpedia doesn’t even list all of the server connections that have taken place - ironically this is something I was looking into recently for my old home realm of Hydraxis.

The joys of time zones with a side of DST.

I know right … it was all out of whack earlier. Maybe these newest times are more accurate now that the time change has settled. I am East Coast so my local time is accurate.

Bloodscalp is showing as Central in game:

Now, so is Twisting Nether:

Raidbuff lists both as Central. Wowpedia lists Bloodscalp as Mountain and Twisting Nether as Central.

Perhaps the Raidbuff list is the most accurate.

That’s what I’d roll with unless someone else comes in with a more accurate or recently updated site.

1 Like

I think Amazon has something against me getting the 11" fry pan I ordered. They keep sending me 12" with lids.

Also:

You’re right. Neither can I. lol

1 Like

Hope you all having a great weekend! Doing Glory of the Ny’alotha Raider Achievements today in World of Warcraft!

Hoping we get all of the achievements done, So I can get my new mount! Plus it would push my achievement point score to 35,775 points! :smiley:

3 Likes

I like jimmy kimmel hes funny.

I’ve watched his show before and he is funny! I personally prefer The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.

In other news, My city really needs to sweep the roads here better from all of the snow we had. Lost control on my bike tonight when I was out and went into a pole. I’m fine however. But my back hurts cause of it.

Hes hosting the oscars.

Oh. Never knew that. But then I don’t really watch any of the Academy Awards. I even missed the famous Will Smith slap from last year when he slapped Chris Rock. Didn’t hear about that incident till a few days after it happened.

2 Likes

I don’t really have the attention span to sit through any of the major award shows normally, but this? There were a few times I got all kinds of choked up watching the Academy Awards, but this scene just did me in entirely.

4 Likes

My dad looked a lot like Harrison Ford. Dad and I used to watch Indiana Jones movies together. He even dressed up as Indy for Halloween one year to take me trick or treating. He passed a few years ago and I’ve always wanted to write Ford a letter about him. But it seemed weird to do, so I never did.

Those pictures and vids of Quan all excited to see Ford always make me tear up and smile.

3 Likes

See, my grandfather and Sean Connery as Indy’s dad had the same vibe for my sister and I. (Poppop was just as oddball and neurotic, and they looked so very similar.) It was because of that that we got so hooked into the Indiana Jones movies, and while Last Crusade is dearest to my heart, Temple of Doom was a very close second. So while that picture from their reunion not too long ago kicked me swiftly in the feels, tonight’s whole schtick just undid me completely. The only thing better than that clip is the aired one that pans back from the stage to Steven Spielberg looking on with a smile like a proud dad (around 0:44) as the one who originally put those two together.

4 Likes

So your saying if want this cat to be onfire even win water i gota use my fandals seed pouch i supose.

Not gonna lie, I was skimming through and read “GD” as something else. I had to stop and say, “I must’ve missed some context here…” :rofl:

3 Likes