[CS LOUNGE] Springing Forward

I tweeted to @warcraftdevs because I forgot about the @BlizzardCS at the time to let them know about the forum issue this morning. I figured that the forums were merely down for some maintenance issue that popped up.

1 Like

So did a My Heritage DNA test recently, just got those results back:

• English = 76.6%
  • North and West Europe (mainly German, French, & Dutch) = 19.2%
  • Scandinavian (Sweden, Norway, & Denmark)= 3.3%
  • Middle Eastern (eastern Mediterranean) = 0.9%

So at least it adds a tiny bit more to my original Ancestry results:

• England & NW Europe = 52%
  • Scotland = 37%
  • Norway = 4%
  • Ireland = 3%
  • Wales = 2%
  • Nigeria = 1%
  • Germanic Europe = 1%
4 Likes

They forgot .01% blood elf

3 Likes

And every other race in game as well … got 'em all – some in multiples :laughing:

3 Likes

Mine was funny to look at:
50.3% Japanese
0.3% Thai
48% British/Irish

3 Likes

My sister did one recently that came back with similar results:

• England/NW Europe 54%
  • Sweden/Denmark 12%
  • Germanic Europe 10%
  • Scotland 9%
  • Ireland 6%
  • Wales 4%

We’d grown up thinking our ancestry was almost entirely German, so it came as a bit of a surprise, though looking at the map that was sent to Sis with her results, their ‘NW Europe’ seems to encompass most of the northern half of Germany.

1 Like

Sometimes, I glance at the forums while at work. So I was concerned that some chucklehead in IT blocked access on the work network.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Ultra 4k baby

1 Like

Just something silly.

Even though it’s been cold and yukky, I looked out the door wall and noticed the chives can be cut. When I bought this house in1980, I planted a pot of chives that have been sitting on the deck ever since. That pot of chives is older than my kids! :grin:

6 Likes

You know funny thing is that just reminded me of the wild ramps my grandpa planted years ago just on the other side of a small creek on my land. That makes me want to go and see if they’re still there and growing after all of these years !

2 Likes

We have chives in a little pot that I left outside to die on the back deck 10 years ago. They just bloomed again. I’m pretty sure that just like hostas, I couldn’t kill them if I tried. :rofl:

2 Likes

Deer can do a number on Hostas.

1 Like

They do eat ours— and virtually everything else on our property— but those hostas always come back. lol

1 Like

Can confirm. The deer chew up my sister’s hostas constantly.

1 Like

The deer eat everything at my house: day lilies, hostas, tulips, cat’s pajamas, ferns, mums… the list goes on. :rage:

1 Like

Is there anything green they won’t eat? They don’t eat my stuff because I live in the city and have no plants. But my parents live in the country and the deer are into everything around their house.

Herbs! Smelly ones! Basil, thyme, sage, lavender, anything with a strong smell. And Shasta or Gloriosa Daisies. But those attract bees, so be careful where they’re planted.

There’s a lovely Red Basil that smells wonderful and looks fantastic that can be planted:

3 Likes

Irrelevant. :wink:

This is probably the most effective counter.

But anything the deer won’t eat, the rabbits will.

1 Like

Oooh, Beyond King Tut: The Immersive Experience is coming near us. Cannot wait to see it! They even have a VR part of it.

3 Likes