[CS Lounge] Pining for the Fjords

Spent the day cleaning and re-organizing my pantry. While listening to the Dio Pandora channel.

Nothing like a visit from a nurse to make me clean up the place so it looks presentable.

2 Likes

We have the littlest rugrat today & tonight. She is walking now and in to everything! She has started saying NaNa and we are working on PopPop now.

Gonna be fun to see how much sleep she actually manages to get (and in turn, allows us to get).

6 Likes

Seeing an in-home nurse today. Yesterday, did a mad dash to clean up the apartment to make it look presentable.

Weā€™ve had so much rain Kevin Costner is filming a bad movie in my front yard.

10 Likes

hahah :laughing:

1 Like

:cloud_with_lightning:
:wolf:

That should not have made me laugh NEARLY as much as it did. But man you hit me right in the proper spot with that one. We will take some, you can have our scorching sun instead.

2 Likes

Redoing my kitchen is redoing my head in

1 Like

I had plans years ago for remodeling when the last one moved out.

Never did any of it

1 Like

Yes, like those areas.

I once spent sixteen years working in tempest shielded facilities, those types of places are probably (hopefully) re-evaluating procedures. But, government or corporate, management covers the gamut from genius to fool so somebody will inevitably get burned.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a window to get stuff done, have some small essential changes required that cascade into may as well do the lot so seemlessly, itā€™s now or never.

Very focussed on accessibility, these bones and tendons ainā€™t getting younger. Just had the bathroom done and though the actual bath bath is now gone Iā€™m far more confident heading into the future.

The kinda stuff I never thought of in my 30ā€™s ā€¦

Really want to get it done before the coming summer, as thatā€™ll then give me time to stress about the garden hahaha

2 Likes

Love you so much Blu <3

My main one was going to be enlarging the living room and bathroom at the same time. My place is only 2 bedrooms. I was going to eliminate the 2nd. It sits in between the living and bathroom. And then split the difference. Never did.

Now Iā€™m trying to figure out where i want to move. So i guess itā€™s good i didnā€™t get around to it?

1 Like

IDK, then again my desire to move elsewhere is very low. Itā€™s all the same island though I wouldnā€™t mind trying the west coast for a bitā€¦

Itā€™s a dilemma for me. Iā€™ve been seriously stressing on it since the heart attack a couple years ago.

I live alone. And my kids are over 1700 miles ( 2736+km) apart from each other. And thereā€™s a schism that tears me apart. One kid is that 2700+km from me. He wants me to move in. And has one daughter that I never see. And he and I get along great.

The other son is an hour drive away. They have 3 of my grandkids , Gabrielle is ONE WEEK old today!!, and want me to live near them. That son and I have a strained relationship. But Iā€™m part of their kidā€™s lives. I see them about once a week ( work schedule). They also donā€™t know their long term plans. Other son will seriously never leave El Paso.

3 Likes

Marinating a sirloin tip to make carbonnades ƀ La Flamande for supper, using a Kulmbacher eisbock (sorry Belgium itā€™s what Iā€™ve got on hand). But then if I had decided to make it a beef bourguignon, I would have used Yellow Tail Big Bold Red. Guess Iā€™m just an unrepentant barbarian in the kitchen.

3 Likes

:dizzy_face:

Iā€™ve been talking with my mom about having her move closer to us. Sheā€™s about 3.5 hours away, so I tend to make a trip to her place once a year specifically to do work around her house.

This year I replaced her screen door, but in past years Iā€™ve rebuilt steps to her guest house, tore out her front deck as she fell through a rotten board in the middle of the winter and even framed in a window that the previous owner did a horrible job installing.

Her health isnā€™t the best either, so having her closer would make my brothers and I feel a whole lot better too!

7 Likes

Got to visit the 'rents yesterday!

My nephewā€™s such a big boy now at four and a half. He calls me ā€œNinja,ā€ and when I asked him if he liked music he said, ā€œNo!ā€ Only for my parents to say he always asks for music in the car if none is turned on.

I also got to feed the fish out in the pond behind the house. It was a sight to behold watching all the catfish coming up to the surface for the fish food.

5 Likes

Itā€™s hard for me to remember that, ever since I married my partner, Iā€™m an uncle to 3 nephews - whom Iā€™ve never met. I think that oneā€™s about your nephewā€™s age, but donā€™t quote m on that!

I never expected to be an uncle, since my brotherā€™s even more socially awkward than me.

3 Likes