[CS Lounge] Oh, Greatfather Winter

Merry Christmas from the great White North :gift::christmas_tree:

7 Likes

Merry Christmas from the panhandle state of OK. A special high five to the people so close I could reach out and touch. Tooking at you TT and Jetsum.

Boys are thoroughly spoiled and happy. Their nana went crazy this year.

I set the present of two wrapped games RIGHT NEXT TO the Nintendo Switch, which I hid behind the TV hooked up. Youngest, 8, went and grabbed it, completely oblivious. They opened t hem and were happy. Then I said wait a second, that says switch on the box, we got the wrong games. We have a WiiU. Youngest got real quiet and sad for a second. I told him to go look to see if anything else was back there that he missed. He screamed at the top of his lungs…

O M G WE GOT A ENTENDO SWITCH??? His eyes got really big, and collapsed on the ground for dramatic affect… I regret nothing.

To all my celebrating friends out there in CS land…Merry Christmas. To all my non celebrating friends out there…Happy Tuesday?!

8 Likes

Merry Christmas all!

It was looking like we were going to have a white Christmas. Then Sunday happened. There’s almost no snow to see at all.

6 Likes

I have wanted a White Christmas since the day I moved to Oklahoma. It has not happened in the 6 that have passed since our move. Kind of sad really haha.

2 Likes

Whelp, meal is in the books. Nana took the youngest to go see Mary Poppins. Eldest is playing Mario Odyssey. And wife is lounging in bed in a food coma.

All in all, not too shabby of a day.

Tried something new with my deviled eggs today. Usually I will crumble some fresh bacon and put that on top. Or green onion. Today it was green onion. But I also put a little drizzle of honey in the filling. I think it was a hit.

4 Likes

was a nice christmas this year i got a nintendo switch from my brother was more sentimental than anything kinda felt like the nintendo 64 kid :P.

also my grandmother got a replacement wedding ring she lost the original years ago so she got a bit emotional over that.

4 Likes

Well, I got something I always wanted, a cast iron frying pan. Now to season it and put it to use.

4 Likes

Welcome to the land of never washing and cleaning via a deglaze :man_cook:

3 Likes

Japanese curry is made thicker because of potato prevalence. Milder with fruit and savoury with the spices. Not saying because of personal bias but it’s truly my favourite food.

1 Like

I’ll need to hunt down a good Japanese curry place. Curries are my favourite food group but the only time I’d tried Japanese curry was from a national not-known-for-asiatic-foods chain.

It wasn’t good :frowning:

I am very picky on my curry. There is one place around me that I can tolerate the curry. However, my best friends mom immigrated from India. And man oh man, nothing I have ever had compared to her curry. My mouth is salivating thinking about it. Unfortunately, it is now 1800 miles away haha.

I am intrigued by the Japanese curry. I might have to find one around here and give it a go.

On the other hand …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4zVQxPJmnY

1 Like

Merry Christmas!

I now own a Roomba. His name is Scooter and he wiggles when startled off of his charger and whines aggressively when he gets stuck under the couch. I love him.

6 Likes

Yay! It’s almost over! Just have to contend with New Years. 2018…you sucked.

2 Likes

Man that roomba would be Apollo best friend. He like tkk bark and pounce near the vacuum now. I can only imagine if a roomba got set loose.

2 Likes

Animals and Roombas are the best things ever.

4 Likes

Back to work Wednesday

2 Likes

Why do I feel there is a techno mix of this somewhere? :laughing:

Me on the other hand, done with work for the day. Off tomorrow…then it all comes crashing down Friday again. Oh well I will enjoy it while I can.

Greetings! Four-day weekends are good for … 20 hour gaming marathons. (There were actually a lot more hours played before and after, but that was a single long session, with breaks, of 7dtd A17 with one brother, which started after my other brother and his wife shut down their game to go to dinner.)

1 Like

I have taken to watching Grand Tour on Amazon Prime. I loved the guys on Top Gear. I liked the history remake of it. I am not that big of a fan of the newer remake however.

But this has the feel of the older Top Gear. I am only 2 episodes in, but I am really enjoying it