[CS Lounge] Oh, Greatfather Winter

I’ve reported the touchy nature of the reply button. I also get the “you have to click on the arrows” behavior. It doesn’t happen in the Overwatch forums so there might be something with the styling. Our web team will take a look eventually :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He’s still around, just been busy.

So apparently I’m starting to get rather picky with my grains.

Anyone know of a reputable, preferably-cheap online retailer that ships Carolina Gold Parboiled rice in 10/20lb quantities? Everywhere I look is either sold out or doesn’t ship.

Some genius got my debit card information and tried spending a large amount in Mexico lol! Now I’m 7-10 days without my card and my sub dies in 3 days. RIP!

Hope y’all having a better night then I!:slight_smile: bless you guys!! Y’all my friends <3

P.s. any ramen experts wanna give me some ramen tips I’m all ears, someone hear posted a ramen recipe and I made it last night was fantastic :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Glad you liked it.

Try this for breakfast.

Breakfast Ramen

• 2 bricks of Ramen (toss the seasoning packet)
  • 1 cup of chopped bacon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese(or whatever you like)
  • 1/4 of chopped chives

In a sauce pot, boil the two brick of ramen for 3 minutes, then drain.
In a bowl, add the eggs and cheese and mix together.
Fry up the cup of chopped bacon til crispy, then add ramen and mix. Then add Egg mixture and stir til eggs are cooked.

Serve in bowl topped with Chives and Sriracha

3 Likes

AW! Your the man!! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

This is a more traditional recipe I sometimes use.

• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 3 teaspoons grated ginger
  • 4 teaspoons grated garlic
  • 4 cups broth (I used chicken, but vegetable would also work)
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
  • 2 packages instant ramen (noodles only!)
  • 1/2 cup chopped scallions or chives
  • 2 cup chopped kale
  • 1 cups shredded carrots
  • Sriracha to taste
  • crunchy golden panko crumbs for topping

Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the garlic and ginger; stir fry for 2 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Add the broth and the water. Bring to a simmer; add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and the broth is flavorful.

Add the instant noodles to the hot liquid and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until the noodles have softened. Add the scallions and stir to combine. Remove from heat, stir in the kale and carrots, and top with crunchy panko crumbs and hot sauce to taste.

edit, forgot to add:

To make crunchy golden panko crumbs, heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the panko, stir for one minute or less, or until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels to drain. You can also toss the panko with a little oil and toast them in the oven to get them golden and crispy.

3 Likes

I have a recipe for a Japanese Dashi/Kombu broth, need to dig that up. I rarely use the seasoning packets.

2 Likes

Vegetarian Dashi Broth for Ramen

• 4 cups water
  • 2 (2-inch) pieces kombu
  • 1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms (optional)
  1. Soak the kombu: Combine the water and kombu in a 1-quart or larger saucepan and soak the kombu for at least 8 hours or overnight.

2. Bring it to a boil: Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer and then remove the kombu from the water just before it comes to a full boil.

3. Add the mushrooms and simmer: Add the shiitakes, if using, and let the broth come to a rapid simmer. Continue simmering for about 1 minute.

4. Steep the shiitake mushrooms: Remove the saucepan from heat and let the shiitakes steep in the broth for 5 minutes more.

5. Strain the broth: Remove the shiitakes from the broth (save for making miso soup or another recipe). Pour the broth through a fine-mesh strainer set over a large bowl.

You can find Kombu in your friendly asian market.

3 Likes

I like making my own Ramen stocks as I can control the salt content and other things.

lol, I do have one that involves cooking pork belly.

2 Likes

I’ve got my mind set on you
I’ve got my mind set on you

1 Like

But it’s gonna take money
A whole lot of spending money

Y’all are gonna make me weep with these ramen recipes.

1 Like

Brugh is being a stinky orc.

I visited his house once. Mighty pretty. I think I’m gonna go visit him again soon.

2 Likes

Some Weird Al for yah guys!

2 Likes

Sitting here waiting for the story QA to go live. I can’t wait to hear where they plan on going with this story.

3 Likes

:shudder: I’ve joined the gif/meme posting crowd. (>_< It was just far too appropriate. My willpower was too weak. :insert other dumb excuse here:)

2 Likes

You know what’s really weird…I can’t use the reply button at all now in the lounge! I can reply to another player and then change it in the reply text window, but the reply button for the thread doesn’t even change to show it’s “clickable” now!

Weird right?

1 Like

That happens to me occasionally.

For me the bottom reply button likes to hate me and not want to work, but the one on the right nav-bar is my best friend.

1 Like