[CS Lounge] Oh, Greatfather Winter

Congrats on being a homeowner, I just paid my last mortgage payment last month. Now if I could just get the couch-dweller (my son) to get a place of his own…

4 Likes

I used to own a home, back when I lived in Sugar Land. It was my mother’s house and she willed it to me. After a while the taxes got to be too much and maintenance was killing me trying to keep it up to code.

Sold the place and moved to Killeen to be near my sisters and my dad. I rent now ($250/month, one bedroom) and I couldn’t be anymore happier.

1 Like

Yeah, no way I was going to touch the idea of owning a home until after all children were adult and on their own. It’s a lot easier to turn in notice on a place and move myself than try to get a supposedly independent adult to move out. Even my brother and I are avoiding looking at places with more bedrooms, so we feel stronger saying no to other siblings or any of my kids “needing a temporary :COUGH: place to say”.

Wish our local prices looked like that. =P But, I know how it feels. I loved the four years I rented a bedroom (shared bath and kitchen) and was :notes: all by myself :musical_note: .

1 Like

A local resale shop has a van for sale. It looks like a 2000+ model ford minivan. They are asking $400 for it. A friend of mine told me about it, he said it was mechanically sound and runs well. Might stop by tomorrow and take a look. Then I found a old Ford Bronco for $500… Got a query in on that one.

Sorry for posting on the wrong thread…:grin:

1 Like

Man, i cannot wait. Only 2 1/2 plus more decades of payment schedules and this bad boy is ours. :smile:

2 Likes

Congrats, Zarisel. I can only imagine that day and when it comes it will be joyous! There will be dancing.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t buy much around here either.

Full disclosure though; I own my house and am actually a landlord* not a renter now.

*I live in the inner city and the absentee landlords let the double next door get so badly rundown that I finally bought it.

Man I wish I lived there!!! Out here in Cali place like that is like 1-3k a month >.> Texas is my plan at the moment to move there. Next time I go out to record, ima look into a job I was offered still standing >.>

Funny enough I was planning to move into a house with my sister this year, however times changed. But all is good!

Hope y’all had a good day!!:slight_smile: I got to Smaug in dark souls 1, I got him to 1% twice and died QQ running out of humanities for sun man :frowning:

I just got some awesome news! I’m going to be in the game! :smiley: Wait for 8.1.5 to be released or read the datamine :smiley:

12 Likes

ugh, gotta fast tonight for lab work tomorrow, and gonna have a cancer screen done.

Oh that’s super awesome Alvie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Self portait?

Wishing you well with your test results.

4 Likes

Main reply button still doesn’t want to work.

Whatever happened to Brugh? Don’t see them anymore.

I find that sometimes I have to click on the Reply option twice and then in the top left of the reply box you’ll see the character’s name show up to show that you’re replying to them.

But yeah, I noticed that it had started acting a little wonky a while back.

1 Like

That or quote someone. Then remove the quote if it’s not needed.

2 Likes

For me it seems to be really touchy about where I have the mouse - right over the arrows. If it is over the word Reply, or anywhere else on the periphery, it’s a no go. (My mouse cursor changes from an arrow to a pointing finger when I find the sweet spot.)

3 Likes

I have found that I have to click the actual arrow. I absolutely can relate to what you and Dathrel are talking about.

1 Like

Couple of things below the Topic will close notice is wonky - but only in the CS forum that I’ve noticed.

Reply button is finicky and the “X New” link doesn’t work as a link.

:woman_shrugging: