[CS Lounge] New Lounge, Same Loungers

So either someone set a nearby pile of brush on fire, or it spontaneously combusted. Since it’s a decent pile of dry ornamental grass, etc. that’s been collected by the landscaping crew, and it’s been pretty wet around here lately, I’m going with the latter. But I wouldn’t be surprised by the former.

Appreciate it. Still looks like a life long memory ride on st luxary train though.

Wonder how expensive it is.

2 Likes

It’s surprisingly not terrible, there are a couple different packages offered. It’s run by VIA rail. I would love to take the trip from Vancouver to Newfoundland. Last I checked it was 2k all inc for the one way to Newfoundland, then from there just fly home.

2 Likes

Thats not bad honestly.

Iean i dont have 2k sitting around, but a goal to save for.

4 Likes

https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/324145551_1331528767626686_5299264140352356235_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=TVz9igZv3zkAX9gfz2P&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=00_AfAAxdtDesguBZ0s6__7fWr_DzeV_JREKhRXsASBJ2GNbg&oe=63BC4C5A

4 Likes

7 Likes

Thinking about hitting the ER tonight, Not feeling right…

Hopefully it isn’t anything serious and you recover quickly.

Best wishes.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s COVID going around again. I’m pretty sure it just took out my grandpa today. I just had a funeral for my grandmother two weeks ago…

A bunch of people who were present at the funeral got sick at the same time a few days ago, one tested positive. My grandpa broke his hip shortly after the funeral and had to go into surgery… got sick after the surgery wrapped, and was labelled with pneumonia…

Coincidentally the people who are anti-vax and unvaccinated got sick, while I didn’t (had my booster in the summer). That stubbornness might have killed my grandfather.

I just don’t know if I can keep moving forward. I woke up crying today.

6 Likes

My condolences.

3 Likes

Remember it is healthy to grieve for your loved ones who are no longer around. Move forward and stay strong to honor their memory.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear that Rewr. I’m double vaxxed and double boosted myself, and am thankful because both times I’ve caught covid it’s been mild (likely due to being vaxxed).

Personally, I got vaxxed to protect myself and my family, but that didn’t prevent me from getting it. I still worry about passing anything on now, covid or otherwise, and do my best to protect those around me.

It’s a crazy new world we live in and I’m glad you’re here with us. It’s healthy to grieve. It’s okay to cry. I’m a 40+ male and I remind my kids often that it’s okay when dad cries and that it’s healthy to have those emotions.

It’s also okay to reach out to those around you for help :heart:

5 Likes

Do not mourn the end of a journey celebrate the moving onto a new journey.
To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – Albus Dumbledore

My first trip to visit Sis in Seattle after her contract in Germany is up, I plan to take the Amtrak Empire Builder from St. Paul to Seattle, then fly home. An old friend rode the whole route from Chicago to Spokane and back, and said the scenery is amazing, especially Glacier National Park in Montana.

2 Likes

I have always wanted to gonto Glacier as well.

Glacier is amazing! One of my favorite parks (Pictured Rocks ranks up there, too). It’s worth the trip.

2 Likes

Went to the doctors… The lethargy and lack of energy, I’m in the middle of a major depression downswing, after coming from an high of 3 weeks of manic productivity. Bi-Polar sucks…

Explains the past 5 days of sleeping 18 hours a day.

5 Likes

My son is bi-polar. It’s not something I would wish on anyone. Hope things turn around for you soon.

3 Likes

Depression os the worst bud. I totally get it.

Riggt now i am exhausted. Pretty sire i am sick. One more day. I meed to make it one more day.

At least i knownit not covid. We 8n oitbreak testing and have tontest twice a week, today was one of those days.

My burps taste like fried eggs

Me thinks mast is sick with the typo bug.

1 Like