[CS Lounge] New Lounge, Same Loungers

All the cell phones in the house went off at once. Scared us to death.

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is only a test.

Kinda scary when there is a war going on in Europe. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Sleepy Panda comes in a clutch. Thank you so very kindly.

Please dont ban me
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/321552454_1411753016312019_8149038574534278289_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=vwhuFk2FDosAX9af-2M&_nc_oc=AQk6buZ4qXmoMcxPwieDXUAk_uklLRbpYyiqZFlYVfiMTJNdcMTeDflbNJZJldtW_DfkXTybYSTYks4bo1gIz6iz&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=00_AfA41Vsfxq8vDwxsnh-3PdbZY1yerF7MkLZ5QQZNot0r8w&oe=63AE610B

9 Likes

We had a test up here in Canada for the Alert Ready Emergency Alert System back in November. When it happens here we get a notification on our cell phones, TV, and radio stations all at the same time.

However, For cell phones here, It only covers specific hardware still. If you got an older phone you will not receive the alert. Not sure if this is the same for my friends that reside in the US.

That just seems an awful lot like a commercial-grade contrived name designed to produce a clever acronym.

I see the word that acronym makes and I immediately think of a skit by the comedy group The Frantics called “Make Up Dirty Words”.

My old phone didn’t get the alerts. My new phone does. I had it in my hand when it went off. I almost threw it across the room.

Heh. My phone is usually downstairs on the wireless charger while I’m in my room. I prefer not to be annoyed by all the spam calls that still get through. I’ve had emergency alert tests at 3 AM happen though, which is an irritation and a half.

Hilarious moment from a few days ago: Earthquake alert comes in. A full minute after the quake. Granted I’m within 15 miles of the quake’s epicenter and no system could alert me fast enough to do anything other than go “FRAK!”, but taking a whole minute to go off kind of defeats the purpose of an alert system as by then everyone that’s going to get hit by the quake has already started doing the shake and bake.

*Turns into Tiny Tia™ and dives into the lounge coffee pot*

1 Like

So many side quests so many side quests im only on p1 of thraldraxus and im doing side quests lol.

1 Like

I’m getting the Kitten treatment saying “Thank you for saving me, and now you are my new daddy” Hayze the Kitten/Cat is feeling much better. He’s got a full belly, someplace warm to sleep, and clean water to drink. He knows to use the litter box.

He showed up like a day or two before the massive freeze we had here in Texas. He was a bit skittish, but was not afraid to come in the apartment, as I have two other cats going in and out. For the first day, he hid for a bit and only come out to explore the surroundings. Once he found the food, water and litter box, he started to relax. Took him a week or so to get used to the activity.

Now he’s a full fledged lap cat. Happy paws and everything.

14 Likes

Greta Thunberg’s recent clapback at Tate on Twitter is GLORIOUS.

6 Likes

I always get excited when I see postings for Blizz positions in NY, especially when they are in my area in NY.

Then I remember that I have a job. And no experience in the gaming development industry. And their CS positions are never in NY.

4 Likes

Spring has sprung here! In the 50s today, heading up to the 60s tomorrow. Pretty windy, though. It’s too warm for winter, but it sure beats the single digits (and below) we’ve had the last few days.

My mom’s graduated to a cane - no more walker on a regular basis. And she’s going to be on her own a bit for a while, since my sister’s headed back home. She’ll still head up for the weekends, but things are soooo much better than they were.

9 Likes

Good to hear about your mom.
My sister in law likes using the cane with the four feet on it.

She’s also a big fan of a handle that fits inside of the squarish locking ring car doors hook onto. Gives her a convenient, secure, handhold when entering or leaving a car.

EDIT:
https://www.amazon.com/Emson-9663-Cane-Portable-Handle/dp/B00ZGGVNCC

3 Likes

She was always saying she “couldn’t wait” until she needed a walker so she could get one of the walkers with a seat like all her aunts and uncles used.

And that handle is pretty stinking cool. May have to look that up for her.

Are we sure it wasn’t sponsored?

I’m super jaded when it comes to opinion pieces like that.

There are quite a few brands. Some are shorter, lighter, more padding, better suited for smaller hands, etc.

This happened to me the other month at a restaurant…

except it was a kidnapping alert…

Yeah, we had a couple of those happen in one of the offices I worked at - just a bunch of crazy alerts going off at once. I’ve got them turned off - either I’m not going anywhere (WFH for the win!), someone else’s phone goes off, or the highway message boards give me what info I need. Plus, when they go off at 2 in the morning…

1 Like

Bringing this to the Lounge.

I was on my warlock and dueled just outside the instance with my brother’s friend who played a pally. I kept fearing him into the instance portal and it would take five minutes to release him because the maximum number of instances were already created. It’s how I got my first dueling achievement.

4 Likes

One of the reasons I know almost exactly when I created this character: Imagine you’re a young dwarf, just arrived to the big city of Ironforge, and you’re surrounded by the tall, sinister, horned steeds of the death knights… and almost constantly, the shrill screams of those steeds being summoned. It leaves an impression. Because, of course, at Wrath launch, DKs were everywhere. I’m sure there was achievement spam too, but it’s the sound of the DK mounts that stuck with me.