[CS Lounge] New Lounge, Same Loungers

Colorado’s got a snowstorm hitting tomorrow and Wednesday, too… but a white Christmas continues to be up in the air, lol. Most snow that falls on the Front Range tends to melt after a couple days, except in like the cooler, more shadowy areas that don’t get a lot of sun. (This does include canyon ridges and mountainsides though, which is awesome.)

2 Likes

That’s just old age. :rofl:

5 Likes

Our area will have its 5th coldest Christmas since 1906. I would love to see a bit of snow for Christmas, but please NOT like the Blizzard in ‘89. South Georgia is just not equipped for it, lol.

2 Likes

Steamdecks are a cloud service correct so wow wouldnt be allowed on one correct.

Wow, they have Tyrael’s Charger in the Shop now. When did that happen?

Steam Deck is not a streaming device, no. Though that does not negate the legality of WoW being playable on one because I’m not entirely sure.

Today! I’m fairly certain, anyway. :thinking:

It is not currently giftable, however. Which is le sad.

1 Like

Not directly. A Steam Deck is a handheld device (which looks similiar to the old Sega Game Gear) which can play any game in your Steam library. The device operates through Steam and their cloud service.

I agree with this. I really don’t know, either. But to speculate (which normally isn’t good to do), I’d say it’s not a priority to Blizzard to stop this from happening. It’s quite a gray area, but I think this could be classified as “on the safe side for now”.

Doesn’t mean it will stay that way though. :grimacing:

Wouldn’t this article of the EULA then apply?

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

• Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.
3 Likes

First off, there’s a solid 99% chance I’m wrong above, so take me with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

But to answer, in the strictest sense of the wording, probably. But with recent efforts to make WoW more controller-friendly, with an eye towards console compatibility, I doubt they want to take a hard line stance on this. So long as players are using Steam Deck to play the game as intended (no botting, no circumventing anything, etc), I’m not sure they would get in trouble.

There’s also the bureaucratic/political issues of not wanting to make a very large competitor mad at them, especially at the same time Sony and Nintendo are trying to block the Microsoft acquisition.

I’m just looking at the letter of the law, as it were. If the Steamdeck operates through Steam’s cloud service, and Blizzard’s EULA states explicitly that you are not allowed under any circumstances to use their platform with any cloud computing or gaming services, it doesn’t seem very ambiguous to me. I can see no plausible alternate interpretation of the cloud computing clause.

2 Likes

It does? I’ve yet to encounter any title that could be streamed with it. Everything so far has had to be installed. :confused:

Unless you’re talking specifically the OS.

I only ask since there was a ? About stem decks and wow that was moved to tech support.

Feels like some of us live in the coldest place on the planet. -42c with windchill. That is insane. Us poor Canadians in the Alberta region. My Siberian puppy don’t even wanna go outside, and he is of the cold loving breeds.

5 Likes

Funny that were comparing temps i saw a radio mention people trying to outdo each others. In temp i dont blame ur husky im just oustside edmonton.

Oh, I know my area (southern Georgia, right above FL state line) can never outdo or compare with the more northern areas of our continent. Wasn’t trying to play one-up, just sharing how the weather is affecting the southern states.

We will only be getting down to high teens/low 20s for our temps this weekend.

And for some reason I just agreed to take the grandkids on a train ride through the Swamp Park so they can see the Christmas lights on Friday night (when temps dip into the teens). Think I will pack a blanket and hope there is hot cocoa for all.

3 Likes

lol. I recall visiting my grandparents farm in Alberta one Christmas when it was 30 below Fahrenheit. I would keep an eye on the outhouse door and start running for it as a previous occupant was leaving just so the seat would be a couple of degrees warmer.

4 Likes

If no cocoa, take a small bottle of jack along for you.

2 Likes

The hell with that, take a large bottle!

3 Likes

Is a gallon small enough?

2 Likes

Current wind chill here in the Twin Cities is -23°F. Dad down in NW Florida texted me this morning to complain about having to wear a jacket on his morning walk because it was in the low 50’s.

5 Likes