[CS Lounge] Happy Thoughts

Gnomer-still-gone

3 Likes

But … but … why did you have to say that?

/sobs tiny tears

2 Likes

They couldn’t take control of the inn in Goldshire from the naked Nelfs no matter how many ankles they bite.

3 Likes

I see the (now not so) secret Dwarven plan to keep everyone away from Ironforge continues apace. Keep up the good work, folks!

2 Likes

I wonder if classic will bring back Ironlag/Lagforge and Orgalag/Lagamar.

3 Likes

I’ve already decided that I won’t buy in to Classic if everyone on the realm doesn’t get bored and head off for some of the ol’ Southshore vs Tarren Mill action and subsequently crashes the server :smiley:

Somehow, I don’t think getting that bored will be a design priority though :sob:

1 Like

Lagrimmar looks far more appealing, IMO.

2 Likes

You can delete the post yourself, though it will sit with a message that it has been deleted and will disappear in 24 hours (and none of the prior content).

I don’t know if this is related, but I’ve been noticing the last few days that the tabs I get when I click on the notifications have just a piece of paper image instead of the WOW logo, while navigating by categories shows the logo properly.

The AQ gate opening.
That crashed my old server

3 Likes

Same. Though I’m sure my guildmate’s piccolo didn’t help matters.
< .<

2 Likes

As anyone who played Ashran can tell you, lag when there is a large active crowd stayed with us well after vanilla was but a memory.

Good morning folks! Hope you’ve all been having a delightful weekend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Happy Easter to all.

:smiley: :egg: :date:

9 Likes

Good Thanks! I just put the Ham in the oven (Only 10 lbs.) slow cooking it; Got the Green Bean Casserole ready and the Sweet Potato Casserole & Buttery Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes & Gravy with Texas Toast; plan on Eating around 5:30 so don’t be late! :grinning:

5 Likes

Which flight-path is closest? :wink:

Happy bunny-day everyone! The weather was supposed to be cold and rainy today and now it’s hot and sunny! YAY!

4 Likes

I am not sure if this is medically important or not but I can barely feel my toes.

That is the kind of day I have had today. My new girl called in say g she had an emergency. I want to give the benefit of the doubt. I really do. But it is her second day. And she looked like she was hurting yesterday. Doubles can take a toll.

So whime I want to give the benefit of the doubt, part of me says she could not get up and did t care.

So normally I am ending my second half of my lunch right about now. I have not sat down or stopped moving for over 8 hours. Right now foot amputation is preferable to the pain in my already arthritis ridden feet.

At least when she called in, it was to the head of the department sk she got to deal with it. I don’t even have to write her up for an unexcused absence. My boss will do it haha.

In other news another 6 1/2 hours an di should be off.

I say should because I know there is no way I will move like I did last night. Not physically capable of it.

Might have tk tell the wife to watch Got without me tonight.

In the early 70s I worked as an apprentice meat cutter in a slaughterhouse, beef only as they killed a lot of Kosher and Glatt Kosher.
Twice I saw a new employee last one day and never return. Both had been hired to work the docs loading quarters onto trucks.

The first guy was one of the “I know everything you can’t tell me anything” types.
When you load swinging quarters they’re on a hook running on a rail, when you get to the end of the rail you swing the quarter up onto your shoulder as the next guy in line grabs the hook; so although you’re carrying a 130 to 160 pound quarter there isn’t any real lifting involved.
Typical days ran 10 to 16 hours with two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch, a second half hour meal if the day ran over 12 hours.

The new guy didn’t want to be told how to carry the beef, he had “worked every kind of warehouse on the east coast” and “knew better than you how to do lifting”. So, he actually spent 14 hours bending at the knees and manually lifting quarters. He never returned; doubt he could get out of bed the next morning.

The other guy was just lazy. Unless the foreman was right there looking at him he did nothing.
Near the end of the day two of the regular workers slammed him against a wall, put a knife to his throat, and told him if he ever came back they would Kosher him. It was that sort of place; I don’t doubt they would have, but he wisely didn’t show up again.

5 Likes

Hoppy Easter to those that celebrate it – to those who don’t Happy Sunday/Monday

Had a very busy weekend with the grandkids, but it was great nonetheless.

Now just gonna veg on the couch and catch up on some shows while we wait for GoT tonight.

4 Likes

Wow! Good luck finding people strong enough to hold that much. I would collapse under the weight of the first one.

2 Likes