[CS Lounge] Happy holidays

Aik, You know your beef!

https://thecaptainsvintage.com/blogs/news/52233348-t-shirt-tuesday-wheres-the-beef

1 Like

Thanks Dumbel, I do.

I actually earned a culinary arts degree last century and won a state competition back in '97. I cooked for a while before becoming a receiving assistant manager (though I spent more time as a swing chef). I learned a great deal about food and the industry.

Still cook though :wink:

Misbecky, freezing can impact the product but it really depends on how long itā€™s been frozen. Letā€™s face it, something that has been frozen for a yearā€¦ it will suck. If you freeze a product for a short amount of time, you should be fine. Iā€™m sure Perl can verify the qualityā€¦ and share?

3 Likes

Stop making me hungry for steak dagnabbit.

4 Likes

Making pizza tonight, not gonna go wargaming as Iā€™m kinda worn out from the past 3 weeks. Gonna be getting stuff for Christmas Dinner on Friday. And the plan is to make Tamales this weekend.

2 Likes

Sorry Belguilos.

Weā€™re having roasted chicken and mashed potatoes tonight. Does that help distract you?

1 Like

For some strange reason it feels like Vrak came in late today. Even though this is ā€œnormalā€ for him.

Oh yeah, I wouldnā€™t leave it in the freezer forever :wink:

I honestly have found though that our meat keeps for a much longer time now (not a year, but at least a month to two months) when vacuum sealed and frozen though. Much better than freezer bags.

But yeah, if you can keep it without freezing it, then thatā€™s the absolute best way. I just happened to get a large prime rib on a sweet sale!

2 Likes

Yes actually; Iā€™m not a fan of roasted chicken.

You can call me Bel. Bagels works too in a pinch. :wink:

@Jodariel: you donā€™t get to call me Bagels.

2 Likes

Iā€™m temptedā€¦ but Iā€™ll try to resist. :sunflower:

Roasted chicken and mashed potatoes are the bomb, though. Iā€™ll eat all of Belā€™s portions of that.

3 Likes

To be clear, I love grilled, fried, sauted, or BBQ chicken - at least, with North Carolinan or Virginian BBQ sauce. Roasted just tastes blah to me.

I havenā€™t made fried chicken in a while. I should fix that.

3 Likes

He could just call you Bagel instead of Bagels.

2 Likes

Donā€™t give her ideas.

2 Likes

Hello, lovely people!

I wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope you are all doing well and if you arenā€™t I hope things get better soon. ~huggles~

8 Likes

Things are going well here! I just upgraded my computer and got a drawing tablet (the kind thatā€™s also a monitor) to help me in pursuing my old dreams of being an artist again. Itā€™s nice to be back on that. :smiley:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s me you donā€™t want to do that to.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great, Bel! It makes me happy to hear that you are doing something you love.

3 Likes

Video game awards start very soon!!! ;D I hope SMSB5 or death stranding wins! Hopefully some game announcements too!!! Batman Arkham is rumored to make their appearance! So is a new crash bandicoot game and a new smash broā€™s fighter! Course the generic rumors too like ā€œgrand theft auto 6!ā€ Lolol.

Really pumped for this!! Last year steam did give aways if you watched it live through steam!, I got deadcells that way, but I just afkā€™d and watched it on my tv X)

1 Like

Oooo, I forgot the VGAs were tonight. Definitely reason to scarf down dinner before it starts in 70 minutes.

1 Like

I love rotisserie chicken, Plenty of the stores around my area have them cooked and ready to eat for less than I could buy it uncooked and cook myself.

My wife being sheā€™s Chinese loves rotisserie duck and there 2 places not far away that I can buy them cooked and for way less than I could buy uncooked and cook myself.

3 Likes

I donā€™t mind rotisserie chicken, actually. I think that having the skin on preserves some of the flavor. I was referring more to, say, roasted chicken breasts. That style of roasted chicken always tastes some bland and watery to me.