(CS LOUNGE):Happy Halloween

Actually figured it out. Each character has independent counts - posts, likes - and I can only edit if I’m on the posting character. So Paks had a pencil, but no that I’m back on Lethie it isn’t there.

Weirder … I can apparently like my posts on other characters. That seems like an odd quirk.

EDIT: Oh, and see exactly who has liked my posts.

Umm how do you log out of the forums now? When I go to the top of the page the only option there is to log in and I’m already logged in.

There are many limits at first. See this thread in the HotS forums to learn more about trust levels https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

5 Likes

Yay! New forums! I was refreshing the forum page every 10 minutes or so waiting for the new forums to appear after the 8 hour mark. But, I had to go to Walmart so I missed the launch.

Oh well! Welcome to the new forums!

4 Likes

Looks like your character has to be at least level 10 in order to post. I wonder if that will be the same for the CS forums? Just wondering about new players with questions having to try and level up just to get assistance.

3 Likes

Might be. I just saw that notice too. I know as a long-time player it seems super easy to level to 10, but if someone has trouble with installation or getting connected right off the bat, that’s going to be hard on them. :pensive:

6 Likes

My thoughts exactly Eilethalua!

So far though, while it will take some getting used to, I’m liking the new format.

3 Likes

FYI when old forums went down the private forums were exposed >.> I won’t share what I saw ofc! But just thought y’all should know in case you wanna let the team know to change stuff around, eventually they were taken down but were up for a good 40 mins.

1 Like

Initial reaction:

• I love the markdown
  • The typography is greatly improved - it’s far more readable
  • The site is mobile-friendly - I can’t remember the exact term but it expands and contracts to different screen sizes (and devices) properly.
  • Really not a fan of the never-ending scroll.
2 Likes

do we still have a way to block? i dont see one

1 Like

I’m not seeing one either. As I mentioned above, everyone I had ignored now shows fully which is a little disconcerting.

1 Like

I had a lovingly-tended ignore garden. :<

The soil was salted and tilled so that nothing would ever sprout ever again. Alas, my plans have been foiled!

2 Likes

The infinite scroll doesn’t really bother me, but I’m used to Discourse-based forums.

I think you’re looking for scaling maybe?

I do like the fact that when someone else replies to a thread, it appears instantly.

Side note: I wonder if there’s still a 500 reply cap?

2 Likes

Not seeing any thing. Not sure how to do it yet.

Testing 123

Oh my … I don’t know if it was intended, but these new forums do not block me from posting in General Discussion. (I have zero active accounts, haven’t in over two years.)

That’s being rectified soon-ish. There was a post from a forum developer a little while ago.

Edit to add link: You don’t need a sub to post now! - #15 by Linsivi

2 Likes

Woah, the real-time typing and seeing everyone else typing will take some getting used to.

2 Likes

I saw a thread in GD about that too. A website Dev already replied and said it was unintended. They plan on blocking it again, which is likely for the best all things considered.

4 Likes

Saw a Blue post about this, apparently it’s a bug and they are gonna fix it.

2 Likes