Posting Requirement: Level 10+ Character

With the release of the new forum system today, we wanted to let everybody know that in order to post both new threads and replies, characters will be required to be level 10 or above. While this won’t impact many of you, we feel this will help to further encourage an atmosphere of constructive discussions and sharing experiences as we want to hear everybody’s perspective of the game and its features.

For a quick overview of the new forums, click here

112 Likes

While I am sure some will disagree, I think this is a great decision.

85 Likes

Interesting, did not expect this.

7 Likes

Rip level 1 shadow alts.

45 Likes

I welcome this change for sure.

15 Likes

I think this is fine. I never even understood how to get a shadow alt to post anyways. Mainly because I don’t roll alts. shrugs

5 Likes

Some tend to use those shadow alts because there are plenty of people on the forums who like using the armory as part of a red herring or ad hominem rather then having a discussion.

30 Likes

Just has to be a level 10 shadow alt now.

15 Likes

just use a allied race. whats the difference

15 Likes

I will really miss level 1 shadow alts :frowning:

5 Likes

It’s not too hard though… Just create a character, level it to level 10, strip its gear, and log out, never to log back in to it again :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, allied races, Death Knights and Demon Hunters all start at a level high enough to use too…

5 Likes

I think this is a good start towards more constructive posts.

10 Likes

Makes sense. But I’ll miss those little shadow creatures.

3 Likes

I know it will irritate people who loved to make level 1 shadow alts to reply with, I think it will help too.
Now they have to actually have played the toon a bit.

8 Likes

Why would anybody level a shadow alt to 10 if they can make a DK or DH and not level it at all. I assume Blizzard added this lvl 10 requirement for posting to eliminate shadow Alts, but this rule won’t stop them.

1 Like

That is a good point, people can just use a toon that starts higher than 10.

I think its a silly change. A level 10 will be no more constructive then a level 1 is if their intent is to troll.

11 Likes

body seems unclear finish sentence?