[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Good morning and happy official Fall! It was yesterday technically but whatever. Reset day, Vault day, Palia fall patch day. Maybe rain this week!

Sets out some pumpkin muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee, tea, iced beverages, and an assortment of cups. Fall themed and some upside down spring themed ones!

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :dracthyr_tea:

4 Likes

I want a panda druid sooooo much!

:panda_face: :deciduous_tree:

1 Like

Me too. How Blizzard dropped the ball on this one, I’ll never understand. They even had four basic forms already conceptualized! They could have used Ox for Guardian, Tiger for Feral, Snake for Balance, and Crane for Resto. Ok, so Snake as a ranged class is a little odd, but Pandas seemed perfect for the Druid class. Druid is one of the original classes, yet remains one of the most racially under-represented classes, and adding the Panda gives them an easy way to add a Druid race to both Horde and Alliance with only half the work.

But of all the races I’d like to see get access to the Druid class, the top of my list is Mechagnomes. I was never a fan of Transformers, but Mech Druids would be TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I know it’s a ton of work, creating all those forms. I’m sure that’s why the race options are so limited. On the other hand, they created so many mechanical NPCs back in BfA (and don’t forget Ulduar), maybe a lot of the ground work is already in there? Deep down, I know it’ll never happen, but a robot can dream, right? Even if he dreams of electric sheep.

#dfmb

Spring for us officially started on the 1st, and I’m hating it…

Hay fever reasons.

2 Likes

Oh no! We get that in fall too. Heavy flower pollen here. We sort of can’t escape nearly any time of year. Heh. Thankfully I don’t have very bad allergies.

Hope you have a med that works for you!

3 Likes

I actually usually mask up when going outdoors to help reduce my allergies, but I do take some tablets as well to help.

1 Like

I have mild seasonal hay fever. I keep a bottle of Claritin (OTC allergy relief) on hand for those days when I think there’s a good chance it’ll act up (and a smaller bottle in the car for those days when it sneaks up on me).

3 Likes

One good thing about being told to take 4x zyrtec and 2x famotidine a day currently (cutting back gradually starting tomorrow) for the hives is that environmental allergies are a fair bit less bothersome most days. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

The blood work for the alpha-gal testing etc was over $2,300 though… surprised vulpera
Insurance paid all but $60-ish, but still yikes. :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

7 Likes

Benadryl and epi-pens are going to be your friends for a good, long time. :confused:

But at least insurance helped out. I’d hate to have to deal with that without insurance.

4 Likes

Thank goodness insurance got most of it. Also fantastic that you now know what is going on so you can reduce the other meds.

Did you find a decent bacon substitute that is safe for you and crunchy?

5 Likes

The allergist had said when he first had me bump up from one zyrtec to 3 and then 4 to both not exceed 4 and to not take any benadryl while taking this many zyrtec (and that was before introducing the famotidine). I’ll have to ask about it later. I do have my extra twin pack of epipens now though that was also a slight ordeal because apparently my insurance will only replace 2 pens a year except in an emergency. With some calls between CVS and the allergists office and my insurance, they got them approved, but I’ve also had this insurance go back and deny prescription coverage months after the fact… Also, I won’t be able to refill my previous set of pens until after they expire next year from my understanding since I got this additional set. :dracthyr_shrug::dracthyr_shrug::dracthyr_shrug:

I only had 2 options locally: Butterball turkey bacon (which I’ve had in the past, but it’s been many, many years) and then some pre-cooked, shelf-stable turkey bacon from one of Kroger’s store brands. I haven’t had a chance to try any yet.

2 Likes

If it’s shelf-stable “meat,” I tend to steer clear of it. Try going to your local butcher and asking for beef bacon. It’s thinly sliced brisket.

I can’t eat beef.

1 Like

That makes things challenging, I would then go the route of goose or duck. Thinly slice the breast and smoke/cure it.

1 Like

8 Likes

Aww, there is extended maintenance. It was better to go play the last of us.

:frowning_face: :cry: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :japanese_goblin: :weary: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses::poop:

Awww damn. I should’ve had a longer weekly shower.

2 Likes

7 Likes

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/rockcms/2023-07/230713-taylor-swift-jm-1600-daea0b.jpg

Now that’s quite a dress!!