[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

I see we don’t have a new one of these yet and I have never made one so here goes!

sets table for afternoon tea
:teapot: :dracthyr_tea: :bubble_tea: :cookie: :sandwich: :pie:

Had to break out the leaf blower today for leaves and clean off the driveway. Looking forward to temps dropping, soup/stew weather, and all the fall goodness!

Obligatory Blue quote!

14 Likes

Poor Ekon. Usurped I say! All hail Queen Mirasol, and her glorious sunrise that is her Lounge.

4 Likes

Thank you, thank you.

runs around dusting and tidying up

4 Likes

Hello all :dracthyr_heart:. Because I mentioned my favorite Thanksgiving-leftovers sandwich a day or two back in the previous thread, I figured I’d ask this here. That open-faced sandwich requires bacon, which I love. However, yesterday—after two months of ordeals—I was diagnosed with alpha-gal syndrome. So, because I can’t have pork bacon, I’m left wondering what the best turkey bacon is (or vegan bacon). I’ve bought it rarely over the years, so I don’t know what brand tastes good and especially crisps up well because that’s a requirement for me for this sandwich. :no_entry_sign: :bacon: :dracthyr_cry_animated:

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that! No more red meat or pork right? Tick bite?

I honestly have no idea what to use instead of bacon. I never tried any of the substitutes. I rarely have bacon but I would be super sad if I could not have a good BLT again.

4 Likes

I know it’s a software thing and the forums does it by itself but, I find it funny to think that Vrek was the one that closed the last thread, hovering the mouse over the close thread button.

2 Likes

/Grade A stamp

Stamps the thread

4 Likes

Yeah, among other mammalian foods and stuff and things…I have like 8 pounds of bacon in the freezer too. :dracthyr_crylaugh: :crying_cat_face: I’m used to avoiding other foods I’m allergic too, whether mild (egg whites, pineapple, raw tomatoes) or severe (shellfish+mollusks), but I really like beef and pork. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

nuuuuuuuu

Sorry Pharazon. Alpha-Gal sounds like a super hero name but that doesn’t sound like a fun superpower. :frowning:

Maybe something altogether different? I’ve heard of people putting potato chips into sandwiches. Or fried onions.

4 Likes

Haha, nothing that bothers me in the slightest! I’ve had the opportunity to make one in the past few years, there are other regulars that I haven’t seen have their time to shine and was content leaving the door open!

Hindsight being 20-20, I’ve edited in the past that I relinquish my rights to a new Lounge, not sure how I forgot this time.

3 Likes

Leaves cookies, brownies, and other bake goods for the blues having to deal with the current events.

Someone need to try to give them some support on all of this.

2 Likes

Aw. That’s sweet of you. And I understand.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

With one of the old forums I used to do that. The one before this one I could schedule a time, though it wasn’t as obvious when a thread closed so it would sit there for ages before anyone realized. :smiley:

6 Likes

Cheers to a new thread.

3 Likes

I like Morningstar Farms. Does it taste like bacon? Only kinda. But it’s salty, umami, and a little smoky, which is what real bacon gives. And it gets crisp when I do it in the toaster oven. I have tried Lightlife and didn’t like it as much. However - I just noticed for the first time that Morningstar Farms has egg white in it and then saw your reply below, so maybe it’s not the one for you.

I haven’t tried turkey bacon, or at least not in a long time, so don’t know if you can make it crispy.

Currently post COVID meat still tastes a little weird to me so I was happy to find Morningstar Farms on buy 2, get one free at Kroger (I just got the “bacon” but many MF products are included) . I have been having alllll the “bacon” lettuce and tomato sandwiches with it lately, and also trying to learn to use tofu better. I’ve always liked it, but never learned to cook it.

6 Likes

I like Oscar Mayer and Butterball turkey bacon. I usually buy whichever is on sale, then break them down into freezer bags of 4 strips.
I microwave them and they crisp up well, but there’s a pretty fine line between crisp and over done.

4 Likes

I do hope you got all the trolls and derailers. Our summer lounge had gotten out of hand sadly.

*pays Mirasol 500 US dollars in jelly beans *

2 Likes

Maybe I should do that. I usually do regular bacon in the oven so I do the whole package at once, except then it’s a whole thing for a mostly non cook to deal with, so then I put off doing it. I bought turkey bacon a few months ago but did not cook it because when I found it in the back of the fridge it was well past the date and the package had puffed up, which seemed like a sign I should not eat it.

4 Likes

That always happened to me. Buy it, eat a bit, then throw away the rest. I started buying a couple packs when it’s on sale and breaking it into portion sizes then freezing it.

Now I don’t feel bad about wasting it and it’s easier to fix. I have to microwave it about 30 seconds to get it apart, then I just fix like normal.

You guys are making me want turkey bacon. Lol

3 Likes

Thank you for the tea and the new fall colors for our lounge.

4 Likes