[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

If you were referring to the classic from John Denver… it’s leaving on a jet plane.
Just sayin’.
And if anyone’s a fan, you can pick up The Essential John Denver, a collection of 36 classics for $14.99, which includes Leaving on a Jet Plane, Rocky Mountain High, Take Me Home, and many more.

#dfmb
#df2v

Im aware but im flying on a airplane.

1 Like

You mean like:
https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/11/28/turbo2_custom-9e49fd3eb7448a7c872d353b3f164b0b9b919bc1.jpg

Me imagining Darth be like

11 Likes

https://www.learnliberty.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Lillian_Boyer_standing_on_wing_of_plane_cph.3b18663.jpg

Nah im using my swift flight form.

4 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfHf8ZrXUAIQNhp.jpg

Goggling images for druid flight forms I came across this! That’s amazing!! How do I get this flight form for my Druid?

#dfmb
#df2v

That looks kul tiran.

1 Like

Just hoping maintenance gets done at 6 today…I’m working until 4:30 either way with my fuzzy companion.

Also having to point out that not only does FFXIV have maintenance just as long for patches as WOW, for expansion pre-patches it’s usually 24 hours or more. Dawntrail’s prepatch (equivalent to 11.0 for WOW) had a 24 hour downtime! WOW’s maintenance times are pretty much the lowest among MMO’s.

7 Likes

I see someone’s revived a maintenance thread from three weeks ago, getting a six-hour head start on the meltdown.

Yeah it’s getting ridiculous. The “3am” people are the funniest, I guess they seriously think they’re going to shut down the game during Oceanic prime time.

1 Like

I don’t get it either. “Don’t do maintenance during business hours.” When is that, exactly, for an online game that is otherwise available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year?

Me? I think I will use this time to change and wash the bedsheets and flip my mattress (if I can convince my son to swing by and give me a hand — it’s a double-sided king).

3 Likes

Time to go to Costco and get a”Puffle”

1 Like

I think it’s time I go and sit in the corner. I crossed a line and the panda just threatened to turn a whole thread around. I’m pretty sure it was 95% my fault too.

Nah, it was a group effort. I’m gonna go wash down 800mg of ibuprofen with 300mg of caffeine. Hopefully my mood will have brightened by the time I return.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you with that one

1 Like

Busy day at the “office.” I had a bit to clean up from yesterday, and then a bunch of new work came in.

Part of my job is setting up accounts for users (from outside companies) to access our system. UserIDs are generated by using the first letter of the first name, last name, plus a modifier (think TJONES#####). Someone’s name created a … bad word. Fortunately, I saw it before I approved the account. But why would someone name their kid in a way that would do that?

And it looks like someone tried attacking the customer facing access yesterday - we got around 2,000 demo requests to our sales email address (which cc’s my team). They’re looking at adding an “I’m a human” tool now.

OH - AND HAPPY ALL CAPS DAY!!!

5 Likes

Guess who has two thumbs, two weeks of vacation and less than two days to finish prepping for it? This dork!

8 Likes

Enjoy your vacation! Hope you get to do something interesting.

3 Likes

Been quiet in here for patch day. I’m to afraid to go to GD.

1 Like