[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Hope you all having a good night!

Ordered myself the Arctis Nova 7: World of Warcraft Edition headset from the Steelseries website earlier today as needed a new one.

Already been shipped as well via FedEx too. So looking forward to checking out this nice collectors item when it arrives! Waiting now for the mousepad to come back in stock so I can order that as well.

Already got the one mount from this promotion a while back. So I’ll be doing a giveaway for my Guild and grant one lucky person with a code for one of the mounts you can get from this limited promo!

4 Likes

Dashes in

Happy Monday all! If such things are happy for you. For those dreading it, please stock up on beverages and snacks.

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :bagel: :cookie: :strawberry:

After the weekend help getting the primer on the East garage wall, I was able to get the trim painted on the window. I still need to put the masonry top coat on (maybe next year?) touch up the door frame trim, and paint the top wood trim dark grey. I am so pleased with how it is coming out though!

A before and current progress set of pics. Sadly we have have had no rain so everything is REALLY dry + it is fall and leaves are dropping. Flowers are not so much a thing anymore.

Imgur

Imgur

Oh, and I am a TROLL for Halloween here. Just updated my mog.

13 Likes

It’s looking really good!
I like the flower garden, it has character.

2 Likes

What plants are growing on those old iron gates? They look great! My wife bought some old wrought iron gates recently and we want to use them for a climbing plant, too.

I’m running a Halloween Half Marathon as Finn the Human.
https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/030/276/577/large/marcos-gutierrez-alonso-background.jpg?1600121418

#dfmb

We had a dusting of snow last night in wetaskiwin.

Correction, it is currently snowing in wetaskiwin.

2 Likes

Freezing rain here.

1 Like

Hah. Ty. There are almost no flowers left this late in the season and with no rain it is pretty dismal. Will be pretty again next spring/summer. The plants in the middle by the window are red bee balm (when blooming) which attracts humming birds and bees most of the summer. The very front that is now yellow is sedum which attracts a ton of fall butterflies but is past its bloom now.

In time the garden will be lovely again and recover from the drought and from being stepped on during work. I tried to be careful but perfection was not possible.

4 Likes

11 Likes

We have that problem as well. No rain in the forecast at all. It’s currently 80 here.

Since the big maple tree in the back is starting to turn, I decided to put the covers on the deck chairs. They will keep the leaves form falling all over them. And since it’s so dry, it’s a good time to cover them up. Don’t want to put plastic covers on damp, leafy chairs. Gets all moldy.

Go Lions! :lion: :football:

3 Likes

7 Likes

They’re “threatening” us up here in Mid-Michigan with a chance of rain every day for the rest of the week. Granted, it’s mostly a 10-30% chance, but hey - freak chance is better than no chance.

Yay! Now if only we could get the Red Wings to do something other than lose.

3 Likes

I didn’t know there was a fun lounge thread in this sub forum, too!

3 Likes

Just avoid the coffee pot labled gnomish swimming pool

4 Likes

It’s the decaf one, yeah? I bet it’s the decaf one…

2 Likes

No such thing as decaff here blasphemy.

5 Likes

Oh no no, the gnomes here are usually highly caffeinated!

For at least 12 years, likely longer! I am pretty sure it pre-dates the other Lounge threads as a whole. We have a tradition of capping it/closing it and making new ones whenever Vrak decides to. Whoever posted last gets to make the new one. After 30 mins it is up for grabs and anyone can do it.

Lots of beverages, weather, food, and adventures shared here.

8 Likes

So… of the 15 named Atlantic storms so far this year, six share names with close family members: Beryl, Gordon, Joyce, Kirk, Leslie (though the Leslie in our family is a guy), and Nadine.

Bizarre.

4 Likes

Maybe… You could tell the rest of your family to go on vacation for the rest of the storm season?

6 Likes

Bah bah bah leaving on a airplane dont know when ill be back again headed to the airport now. I will be here periodicly.

4 Likes

Have a great trip!

3 Likes