[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Hope you enjoy your trip to Florida. Between hurricanes.

3 Likes

I really should go do that! It is super pretty out right now.

Overdid the work painting and working on the yard yesterday so am basically couch bound today. East wall of garage now has a coat of primer on it! That completes getting at least a coast of of primer on before winter. My goal was to totally finish 2 walls this year and I am on track for that. I just need to use the masonry paint on top of the primer. The shorter South wall is within reach for that goal. Not much walking or stepping up. I had a friend visit who did the ladder work for me yesterday. I also cleared out the fallen black walnuts near the walkways to avoid trips and falls.

2 Likes

Your squirrels are slacking!

5 Likes

Going to dw for a week so im gona have fun gona work on my travelers log the next 3 days.

1 Like

Are you staying in the park? We always stayed at the Contemporary. The monorail made it so easy to get around.

Back in the day when my generation was growing up, my grandmum had this massive layout on her front porch. Everyone knew to hit her house because she went hard on Halloween. Talking like 4-6 full-sized folding tables with bowls of dozens of kinds of candy. When we moved her out to where we lived up until her passing last year, it always upset her that this community didn’t really get trick-or-treaters. We would always have candy loaded up (and specially packed bags for the family’s kids, of course), but I think over the last decade, we had one family stop by, and it was that of my maintenance man.

Now, of course I’ve got a couple of bags of things I enjoy “Just In Case”, but I’ll likely hunker down with the lights off and something gory on the TV if I’m not recruited to help manage some of the nieces and nephews.

I thought about it, but while I’ve got the heat turned on, I’ve got the temp pretty low so it’s not kicking on. I finally lugged my queen sized bed from one end of the house to the other, trying to settle in and make the master bedroom my own a year and change later. There are regrets. I ache, but it’s done. Just waiting on my comforter to finish drying.

4 Likes

One of the local nature preserves did a stargazing night. It was pretty awesome. This year, I’ve seen a solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse, meteor showers, the aurora, and a comet:

https://i.imgur.com/yrmtoYl.jpeg

It’s been a pretty good year.

4 Likes

Make a wish village.

Yep. I did it for a few years after I first moved to the neighborhood. That was 15 years ago though and most of the kiddos who came were neighbors. Year after year though fewer come. They go to community events like Trunk-or-Treat, rec center, schools, shopping centers. I COULD dress up and decorate my car if I wanted to participate, but nah. I just have to remember to turn off the porch light. It is on a dusk/dawn sensor.

Good excuse to light a few candles and play a gory video game.

3 Likes

Im rewatching the simpsons halloween episodes starting with the first 1.

3 Likes

There are dozens of squirrels and thousands of nuts. There are nuts everywhere and holes dug all over!

They are trying!

1 Like

Not to mention the nuts on the forums lol.

2 Likes

There was a nice full supermoon the other night as well. It’s definitely brought out some …interesting folks - here and in the real world.

5 Likes

But the doctor said talking to the voices in my head aka forums was healthy and if i behaved id get a restricting bed to sleep on tonite.

2 Likes

Good morning and happy Sunday all!

sets out fancy coffee pots, tea pots, pretty cups, heavy mugs, and a few coffee vats. Brunch foods and such as well

Weather continues to be amazing, but way too dry! Need rain. Going to try to paint more today if I can.

7 Likes

Morning all. I’ll take one of those coffee vats, Mirasol, thanks.

15 Likes

Gorgeous day here. Sunny, already up to 70, and headed up to around 80. I’m getting the laundry ready to hang out to take advantage of the warm weather.

And naps.

5 Likes

Bit windy here come to think of it.

Was suppose to rain too, but haven’t seen any rain yet

3 Likes

Just starting to get cold enough to need a second jacket at 2am…and the stupid Santa Ana winds are blowing through during the day. The high isn’t bad at all but the constant 10 to 15 degree shifts makes it hard for my body to let me sleep.

2 Likes

4 Likes