[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Ummm uh oh.

send over lots of water, and snow

3 Likes

Scary :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

So, I went earlier and did some grocery shopping at the local-ish (still 8 miles away) small grocery store (a Kroger-owned chain), and, well, my turkey bacon choices were quite limited: 1. butter ball turkey bacon and 2. Kroger’s own Simple Truth pre-cooked turkey bacon. I bought them both, but I’ll have to go elsewhere (30-35+ minutes) for any larger variety, which I’m not going to do today. Also, no dairy-free cheese alternatives at all anymore here apparently though I know they used to carry some.
/flop
phara flops about helplessly

4 Likes

When I was growing up, my mom got on a health food kick. She made us eat soybean bacon and soybean hot dogs. Worst stuff I ever ate. Besides liver and onions. We had to eat that too cause my parents loved it. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Soy protein is amazing stuff when it’s honest about what it is. (At least, to me, but I am of Asian heritage so I suppose it’s part of my culinary history.)

But masquerading as meat is a bad idea.

7 Likes

I’m going to make a Dracthyr warrior, rogue and mage.

Too bad they can’t be monks or druids.

:dracthyr_cry_animated:

I’m sorry for your loss.

The oldest I had for a cat was 21 years old.

6 Likes

Sort of a short trip down memory lane actually of the 2019 Black Summer Bushfires, where we were worse effected here in New South Wales. Like, it is warming up fast, where it felt more like Summer towards the end of Winter with last month than it did in the previous Summer.

I just hope we don’t see another scenario where it does end up like the 2019 Black Summer bushfires.

2 Likes

I had no trouble eating liver and onions as a kid.

Let’s hope you don’t have to go through that ever again.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

I’m hoping it doesn’t happen, but can never know what happens.

1 Like

We just finished dumping out the dirt from the deck tomato planters. We spread it out in the backyard low spots. It looks like we have a few fresh dug graves in the backyard. :ghost:

3 Likes

You need to plant some doll parts in there (arms and legs). Just in time for Hallowe’en.

3 Likes

Fantastic way to keep people from waking on the lawn and it is very thematic which is a great bonus!

2 Likes

Rember folks when doing renos or building a new deck always hide a skeleton.

3 Likes

I saw a picture like that today somewhere online. They were doing a kitchen an had an odd space between counter sections that would be covered by a counter. The hid a plastic skeleton in it dressed in work clothes like a construction worker got stuck.

I am doing all the updates on the house but none that would let me hide anything, yet.

Today was priming the trim around the front door. Scraping the front door sill and priming that as well.

I have a friend visiting tomorrow who is making me some Korean style chicken and spending time with me. Also picking up a few groceries for me so I don’t have to go out with my face all puffy and sore. I am very very greatful to have such good friends IRL. And to think we met on a forum about Blizzard games… many many many years ago. 23 years I think.

5 Likes

Same! Can’t eat it now tho. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

Well, completed the timewalking event, now time for me to head to bed.

5 Likes

Rice paper with liquid smoke and taco seasoning. Mix with a cup of water, dip the rice paper in (it’ll soak up the seasoning quickly) then air fry.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Dude or dudess. y’all know dumping out your summer planters means turning over for your winter harvest???

You need to research your cold temp plants. Winter wheat, winter cabbage, winter roots.

The ground never stops growin. You stop thinkin’ and stop plantin.

Not everyone grows crops thru winter we dont pass judgement here.

2 Likes