[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Add some extra blankets, and it’s the best way sleep!

Well, until you have to get out of bed…

4 Likes

I love sleeping in cold rooms! If it was safe I would leave windows open. My weighted blanket last night was a pair of cats. Trying to keep them off my ribs and knee is fun.

Good morning all!

Whips up a beverage buffet and snack selection
:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :cupcake: :apple: :strawberry: :cookie:

Coffee and hydration for all and to all a good day!

6 Likes

We’re going to have one weird day tomorrow, where it will get up to 80. But today, and Sunday will both be in the low 60s during the day and 40s (or below) at night. And it’s looking like we’ll finally get some rain on Sunday.

And I just opened the blinds and looked outside - the neighbor’s roof is frosty. So it’s “officially” fall.

2 Likes

Rice pops like corn.

Genmaicha, a traditional Japanese green tea, includes roasted brown rice and some of the roasted kernels pop like miniature popcorn.

4 Likes

I like my popcorn a tiny bit burnt. I’ll put the bag in and press the popcorn button on the microwave, but when the timer ends, I like to add another 45 seconds.

#dfmb

1 Like

Popcorn = not even in the ballpark of burnt for me

Marshmallows = roasted extra crispy, please

2 Likes

This is helpful. The swelling is going down so that is good! I can actually limp walk a bit now for short distances. I will see the doc if it does not keep improving. Nice to know major tears are pretty easy to determine. Likely not that I hope. Signs are good.

3 Likes

Also don’t ever be afraid to go see a physical therapist. Mine made it so I didn’t need surgery on the knee. Some of them are really good at what they do.

4 Likes

Well Milton hit last night, we lost a palm tree, part of our fence, an awning, and our neighborhood is now a lake.

The huskies are stuck inside because of the fence being down. The palm tree hit a neighbors fence but didn’t knock down their fence thankfully.

I haven’t been able to check much of the surrounding area because the new lake is preventing up from traveling very far. Got to worry about the gators coming inland from the actual lake this water is stemming from.
:crocodile:

9 Likes

Glad to hear you’re safe! Stuff can be fixed or replaced. And if your doggos are anything like my Aussie, they want need to play in the water.

And hey - new lakefront property!

4 Likes

Glad you and yours made it through the storm safely.

Hope the gators don’t cause you any trouble.

2 Likes

Haha, yeah, everyone’s pretty cheerful in our neighborhood, we were all outside laughing about the new fishing spot.

I’m glad to see that you are safe as well. I hope your property didn’t get damaged any worse then what Helene already did to you.

3 Likes

Still raining at my places, one place has a minor roof leak, the other place is currently without power.

3 Likes

Bonus moat! Complete with guard animals!

8 Likes

Glad to see you made it through safely. Hope you can get the roof repaired quickly.

—-

Thanks! Winds have picked up a bit this morn, but so far so good here.

4 Likes

Assuming there Siberians and you have power to blow them out, they love swimming and will play in the water just like snow. I show and train Siberians, trust me they will love you. Just make sure the water is clean and have your doggies on a flexi leash for added security.

4 Likes

12 Likes

3 Likes

11 Likes

6 coffee’s…

I need a few dozen coffee’s to get through my mornings :joy:

1 Like