[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

It sounds like you may have torn a ligament in your knee. I would highly recommend getting that seen to. An MRI would confirm. I torn mine a few years ago in a similar situation at tim Hortons.

I do appreciate the advice, but I will give it a bit to heal first. I can extend it using its own weight in all relevant directions. I just can’t lift my body weight on it right now. So range of motion is good. Only hard part is bending it back like if I wanted to put my heel to my bum. It is limited in that direction I guess. Swelling is minimal and so far bruising is minimal. I THINK it just needs a few days to heal up.

I am just angry that I can’t go do the work I need to do. I should probably stay off the ladder for a few days.

I will get it checked if it does not get better soon!

2 Likes

It sounds like a much needed rest, I hope you heal fast.

1 Like

I use biofreeze a roll on gel feo those anoying aches and pains or muacles.

2 Likes

And smell like an old folk’s home.

:grin:

2 Likes

Too late! The house is from 1947 and has that lovely old wood floors and furniture smell. Lots of books too.

Currently doing the ice thing on and off. Thinking about where my knee brace is. I CAN stand and walk on it just fine. It won’t let me use it at a bent angle though to lift myself. I am sure by tomorrow I will have a better idea what is actually hurt. Right now ribs are bruised, hand crushed, knee semi functional, and arms/hands covered in bandages. Small abrasion to my face. Thankfully the glasses were just readers and I had another pair.

Stupid old body.

I am more angry at myself than anything else.

5 Likes

still better then the alternative 6ft under lol wheres ur old folks home that we can send the booze too.

1 Like

I’ll tell you, I feel like i aged more this last year than I have the last twenty. It’s really frustrating when you have stuff you want/need to do and your body is saying ‘Nah’.

Rest well, and if you aren’t feeling better by tomorrow hopefully there will be more of an idea what is going on. :tea:

3 Likes

Yeah, all the debris they never picked up from Helene is a big deal. They have less then two days to get it all up, and I am pretty sure they won’t do it.

I got to make sure all the yard stuff is up, and the Halloween decorations are coming back inside.

It looks as if it is going to hit at a category 5 right now.

1 Like

I broke my ankle on the ice in January and getting me onto the gurney was tricky even with several EMTs. I’m not small and they were like, can you push up with your good leg? and I’m like, sure, I just don’t know how I’m going to keep it under me on this ice.

But yeah, the older you get, the scarier falls get. Hope everything heals up quick, Mirasol.

3 Likes

Weird day at work today. Our portal (that we use for just about everything) was being wonky this morning. It would stall, I’d reload, it would stall again… rinse and repeat. Then, about an hour into the work day, I went to check my incoming call application. I’d been kicked offline without any kind of a warning. Hop back into the queue, someone was waiting for me. For 25 minutes. Ummm… sorry! Got her sorted, then off to a steady day of helping users. Even helped a user that called the wrong helpdesk. :pats own back:

Now it’s time for a little WoW and maybe a nap. In no particular order.

Oh - and Kyzera - your avatar seem to be a bit underdressed.
:see_no_evil:

2 Likes
1 Like

Well then. I guess I have extra time!

Wow - that hurricane has exploded - it was a Cat 2 this morning, it’s now a Cat 5 with 180 mph winds. That’s just scary.

And go Tigers! They tied their playoff series against Cleveland at one game each. Going to Detroit for the next two games. Should be exciting!

2 Likes

Eek im due in dw on the 22.

1 Like

It is the mog, it doesn’t cover my shoulders. I’m using the set from the Ethereal Soul Trader pet.

3 Likes

Emergency maintence lol well not the best start but not the worst.

They had been doing so well with releases lately too. Even if they had a few flaws due to massive player participation, they were up on time.

This is the first one I have seen in years where they missed an Expansion release time.

The mummy wraps! Goes well with the white hair.

1 Like

It happens so not the end of the world ive got a game i need to get done first.

Yup that is it, thanks.