[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Best wishes for your family.

My son lives in Jax currently. Hoping he won’t have issues. But if he should, even more hoping he stops being stubborn and comes up here.

3 Likes

Yep. My sibling is supposed to be taking a family vacation to Orlando on Thursday. Bets on whether that can happen or not? My Niece is going to be so upset if they can’t go. It was her birthday trip.

I just hope that people are prepped and safe! That is the important thing. Also that the storm sends rain to my area of the mid atlantic.

4 Likes

So much this. Helene brought plenty of clouds and some rain, but we need some hefty outer bands whipping up this far.

1 Like

There’s a vast difference between not understanding how the ticket system works and adjusting understanding accordingly… and doubling or even tripling down on the shoulder-chip attitude and running a thread for 40+ posts on the basis of “there are no humans.”

A very, very visible difference.

Glad we could have this talk.

5 Likes

Then report them. :man_shrugging:
And other posters will explain how the system works (and how it doesn’t work). And those posts that you deemed to be trolling can be reviewed and at the same time, the readers can be educated by the other posters. Win win.

#dfmb

Ever notice how a small project grows into a bigger project?

Our 2 kitchen windows over the sink have been sticking and hard to open. We Googled how to fix the problem. Clean off the old dusty grease on the side springs and replace it with new. Okay, we need to take the curtains down to be able to fully open the windows.

Well, since the curtains are down, I should wash them. And since the widows have been dropped open, we should clean the glass on both sides. The curtains came out wrinkled after drying them. Now where’s my iron and ironing board. Haven’t used that in years.

Everything is all back in place, but the windows are still sticking a bit. It says we have to run them up and down about a few dozen times to work in the grease. :unamused: The windows are on a bay so I had to kneel on the counter to do all that. Blah

3 Likes

Yep. I feel like every project I do leads to 10 other projects either as prep work or after the fact.

Also, lesson learned. I fell hard just now. Went out to the garage to see if I had a broom or tool handle with a screw end that would fit my paint roller. Was wearing flowing lounge pants and flip flops. Tangled my feet in the pants walking down the stairs and fell hard onto the sidewalk, ground. Broke my glasses, knocked the wind out of me. Got some road rash. I THINK I am ok. Cleaned up the road rash and bandaged up the bleeding. My ribs don’t seem broken. My knee hurts like hell but also not broken and can bear weight. I have ice on it. My right hand hurts like hell too because I crushed it under me when I fell. It is sharing ice with my knee. I guess I am NOT painting today.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, the black walnut tree finally hit me with a nice big one. Add another welt and bruise to my upper arm.

I think the signs point to indoor stuffs today. Finish the chili and play games. Ice hand and leg as needed.

6 Likes

I hope your Diablo hand is okay! You will need it later today. And I hope you get better. Falls aren’t fun. Flip flops are evil shoes. :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

I use a PC so it is my mouse hand! The outer side is what got crushed. Index finger, middle finger, and thumb are ok.

I used to bounce. Getting old sucks. Also first time I ever fell hard enough on my face to break glasses or anything. Face thankfully does not have road rash really. I mostly was able to protect that.

2 Likes

I fell last year on the ice from an ice storm. Smashed my elbow and had the joy of trying to get back up while on ice. It wasn’t pretty.

2 Likes

:dracthyr_heart:

Yeah. I just sat there on the ground for a bit while trying to get my breath back and figure out how bad it was. I would not want to have ice added to the mix! Glad you are ok though.

4 Likes

We call that scope creep.

Sorry… but hopefully you and your partner didn’t unload 30 rounds at some poor soul sitting in the back of the squad car. :scream:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/t661_2UXdy8

#dfmb

Yikes time to xall it a day and justvrest

It’s now a category 5 hurricane.

Pretty much. I can’t actually use my left leg to step up. Knee holds weight to walk on carefully, but won’t flex and actually lift me up a stair. My hand might be broken…not sure. Even if it is not sure they can do anything about it so blah. We shall see. Hoping it is just a lot of bad bruising.

Very frustrating. It is beautiful out and I wanted to get a top coat of paint on the South garage wall and I would be DONE that wall.

Instead I guess I just finish making the chili for the week, and read up on the D4 changes/expansion for release.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hope you recover quickly from your fall.

So was it the right hand or the wrong hand lol.

1 Like

Yes. Both.

1 Like

Ugh… Living in SoFla for almost 56 years, I’ve seen more than my share of big storms. I’ll just tell my central Florida neighbors to supply up, batten down, and ride it out. My son is a student at UCF, but they’re closing Tues, Wed, Thurs, so he’s taking the Brightline down to us for a few days.

It sure seems that the Atlantic storms are getting stronger and more frequent the past 10-15 years. Anyone else notice that?

#dfmb