[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

I think the core technology behind it has the potential to actually be useful, but we haven’t figured out how to make that happen yet.

Good morning folks. Happy Sunday. Beautiful night with the temp around 50! Perfect sleeping weather. Got some painting work done yesterday which was nice. Hope to get more done today too. Painting whole buildings by yourself takes forever!

sets out fresh vats of coffee, hot water, coffee presses, an espresso machine, tea, cocoa, and all the fixings

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :fallen_leaf:

3 Likes

It’s gonna get chilly soon. Going to have to prepare my practiced double blanket technique before too long. On the plus side, Halloweeeeen.

Probably not going to dress up this year, but it’s great seeing all the decorations and what stuff people come up with for outfits.

1 Like

^ Same, stay safe!

Already have an overcast outside and off and on rain sprinkling today.

1 Like

Absolutely. However, the term “AI” is currently being applied to anything with any semblance of data-driven compute and decision-making.

1 Like

It’s very windy today. Not a cloud in the sky. I wish I could send this weather down to people who need a break from the wet stuff. It’s a warm dry wind. Perfect fall day.

:jar: I grabbed some in here. Hope it makes it to someone who needs it. :smile:

4 Likes

/puts out a table full of different types of drinks.

Good morning CS. Hope everyone is having a good day today.

2 Likes

sips some iced water with lime while staring sternly at the forums

Yes, this will do nicely. I have had enough coffee for today.

1 Like

I haven’t had any coffee today yet. I think I’ll make one soon.

We’ve been seeing that wind, too, but we have a Red Flag (Extreme Fire Weather) warning all day. But within the last half hour or so, it’s clouding over, and the temp has dropped about eight degrees.

Will do, thanks.

1 Like

Hope you all having a great day!

Feels like winter here today. Very cold outside. Tonight is raid night for my Guild too in-game. So currently waiting for my team to form up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woot, internet has been restored. Was finally able to get the Diablo update done, so patiently awaiting the release of Vessel of Hatred.

4 Likes

Beetlejuice 2 was good.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. Michael Keeton is a talented actor, and the first Beetlejuice was incredible.

2 Likes

I made aloo gobi tonight and it was amazing. I don’t usually cook anything more complicated than chicken salad, and I’ve never tried to cook Indian food before, so I was surprised it wasn’t terrible and would have been happy with just okay.

I definitely have to learn to be faster at prep if I want to make stuff like this more often. I spent an hour last night dismembering a cauliflower and dicing onions and potatoes, and an hour tonight fixing ginger (first time I ever used fresh ginger root) and garlic and tomatoes and cilantro and half a serrano pepper (which I hope I’ve successfully washed off my hands now that it’s time for my nightly eye drops).

It’s also the first time I’ve cooked with turmeric. Bamboo spoon is never going to be the same again.

4 Likes

Don’t be afraid to try new things. Sounds like this dish may have instilled a bit of confidence in your cooking. Keep it up, and venture out of your cooking comfort zone. Ill be you gunny pig any day for food. well if your in the Edmonton area.

2 Likes

Alas, I am very far from Edmonton. Would share if I could!

1 Like

So that news article i read about a giant tumeric cloud escaping from a house wasnt u.

2 Likes

(sorry to pull from another thread, but I think this is interesting)

A dev at Riot (August, on his stream) was talking about a time they did an experiment on this, where if you were banned for cheating, you could send in an apology note promising to never do it again, and they’d let you have your account back.

What they found was that 91% of the people who got their account back that way, were banned again for cheating again within 6 months.

3 Likes