[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Fun fact i applied to be a gm many years ago i probably didnt get it due to a lack of familiarty of excel and they probably wanted someone with more exp.

1 Like

Gotta know your excel these days.

Aint going anywhere alot of classes on linkedin!

Theradras deserved so much more than being on farm for blackstone ring farm and mage dagger

1 Like

Ah… the Lone Star Tick. May it rot in Hades. I lived in fear of that while I was in Missouri. Now, living back in Michigan, it’s Lyme Disease I have to watch out for from deer ticks.

I have heard that alpha-gal syndrome can work itself out over a few years, as long as you’re good about avoiding red meat.

4 Likes

I get occasional migraines which we think is a result of eating too much processed meats, including bacon. (Apparently, it’s the nitrates). I haven’t cut it completely out of my diet, but I do limit it quite a bit. Sometimes the migraines are manageable and I can power through. But some of them are just life stopping and all I can do is sit on the couch with my head in my hands for 6-8 hours until it starts to pass. Last bad one was the day before I was running a marathon. That was… unpleasant. I considered trying turkey bacon, but I just don’t know if it would trigger the migraine, and it’s not exactly the kind of thing I’d want to experiment with, even “for science”.

#dfmb

2 Likes

I have to see if I can get a hold of either my allergist or the other this office or the nurse practitioner I talked to on Wednesday and ask about my levothyroxine and the irbesartan I taking this year because, with the tablets I have in my current prescriptions, they contain lactose. The NP said to cut out dairy products, including anything derived from it with lactose, casein, and whey. My previous levothyroxine prescription was a gel cap, so that’s also a no go. From a cursory search, it appears that levothyroxine comes in lactose free variants (question will be if they are gel caps or not though…) but maybe not the irbesartan, not sure.

(sigh) :dracthyr_no2:

Well at least I got a tier piece in my vault this week on my other two 80s,
pharazon I've got that going for me which is nice

4 Likes

I was supposed to raid on Wednesday, but the fan on my CPU died. Got that fixed, and now I am dealing with my internet being at its worse to where I have almost 5k ms at home. Sadly, the reason for my internet is because of roadworks in my area, which seems to be taking forever.

3 Likes

Ahh man thats a shame. Gotta get that back up laptop for sure.

But wow reading about all the above like makes me so grateful no allergies of anything. Im jacked to hell and high and able to smash red meat like its my last meal.

Dietary requirements are a genuine fear of mine in partners ( last partner was allergic to peanuts ) no thai food or like south east asian food.

Hopefully science can solve this all one day for yall

1 Like

Good Friday Morning all! Another hot and sticky day here but should get cooler after that. The promise rain next week so we shall see.

Just did some watering in the gardens but will have to do more. Need to go to the actual paint store and buy the paint for my house siding that covers the peak on the porch. Most of the house it white, but part is not, and that is faded. So, eventually needs to be resolved.

Coffee has been acquired and is being sipped.

The beverage table here in the lounge does offer dairy free creamers! My fav is a blend of coconut and almond milk. Still has some of the fats from the coconut that make coffee taste creamy. I also happen to like coconut so there is that. It is fantastic in Chai too. There is usually fruit for snacking in addition to wheat derived options.

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :coconut: :watermelon: :strawberry: :cookie:

:dracthyr_tea:

7 Likes

:beer: Happy Brewfest! :beer:

It’s once again that time of year.

Drink some wine drink some beer.

Grab some sausage and some cheese

How about some ale to drink it all down?

Yes please!

Cling :beers: clang :beers: cling :beers: clunk :beers:

Brewfest is finally here!

Cling :beers: clang :beers: cling :beers: clunk :beers:

All through Azeroth far and near!

5 Likes

I did a dumb thing last night…

I made a Dracthyr, ran him all the way through the starting zone, then realized I had picked Alliance instead of Horde when I first made the character.

I had to delete him, remake him, on Horde this time, and go through the whole thing again!

I was thinking for some reason you choose at the end of the starting area. Oh, well, lesson learned.

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Or you couldve waited till aniversary where u had more classes to choose from.

I’ll do that on a different one. I’m looking at hunter. I wonder what pet they will get?

I wanted a paragon of Dracthyr-ness, and I actually like the evoker class. Also, he looks really awesome.

And good Saturday morning to you.

1 Like

Are you only allowed one Dracthyr? Or was it just blech, Alliance, ptooey, when you realized what a horrible thing you had done and had to delete it rather than just let it sit there in your character list.

For the Horde!!

#dfmb

As of War Within there shouldn’t be any restrictions on creating Drakthyr Evokers.

6 Likes

Can’t wait till the 20th anniversary patch to be a Dracthyr Warlock

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to decide on what I make my Earthen. I was thinking of switching my Paladin, but I do like that he’s a Blood Knight… so maybe not. I already have two Shaman, two Hunters… Maybe Warlock? But I’m not sure how that will feel with Fel as an Earthen.

More race/class choices more indecision!

7 Likes

I think a lock can be punned to each race.

Like, for a gnome, I have one named Felshorter
And for my Earthen, named her Stonelocks.

Though I am concerned about the name for my Earthen, because one think of it could make it sound wrong, although it isn’t what I was aiming for.

2 Likes

I haven’t even unlocked Earthen yet, but will make a Paladin for their class mount. I have a Paladin of every other race, so might as well make an Earthen Paladin as well.

2 Likes

Oh, me either. I tend to move slow through new expansions because I am doing all of the side quests…Plus I need to do my dailies in Overwatch. :smiley: With limited time to play not making that much progress a day, but I’m getting through it.

4 Likes