[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

I’m actually due for an Inluenza vaccination, and the local pharmacy has been out of stock on flu and covid vaccines for just under a month now, and don’t know when they are able to restock.

And problem they have been facing is just the roadworks in the area have been making it hard in the area for a lot of businesses to get stock.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I turned on everyones Warmode to see how powerful my chaos bolt was :thinking:

Wait, he passed :scream:

Yeaterday aparently.

Yeah, just found an article on Google too, at the age of 58 as well :frowning_face:

On the 30th, i saw that report a couple days ago, but for some reason google is showing it as a more recent report.

But too for just a group of 3.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Google is more treating it for me like it happened just less than 24 hours ago, despite the 30th was more than 24 hours ago.

Some articles are even saying he died at the age of 60, some are saying age of 58…

But if he was born in 1965, it means he would’ve been 59 this year, and since his birthday was on the 11th too… :frowning:

Would be nice if 2024 stoped taking the good people.

4 Likes

Maybe if we turned off 2024 and turned it back on again…

3 Likes

Just saw last night that John Amos died a month or so ago. Loved him in Coming to America and, of course, Good Times. But he was also in this cheesy fantasy movie from the early 80s called The Beastmaster where he was sort of a travelling guru type character who helped guide the title character. He was great in that. I actually met him once at Jerry’s Famous Deli in Marina del Rey. I thanked him for so many years of great entertainment and he invited me to join him for desert. Super guy.

:pray:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_Zws5fWMn5I

This is totally awesome!!

#dfmb

Finally! A chest gave me some pants that are Veteran level. Wrong stats for outlaw rogue, but way way way better than what I had. Like 40 item levels better.

Woot for weekly chests!

5 Likes

Praise the linemen – we are back on the electrical grid!

Internet is still down but that is expected. They rely on the electrical lines to be functioning first. But we can still get spotty internet by tethering to our phones, so glad for that.

Georgia Power had their hands full with all this:

Hurricane Helene caused historic damage to our infrastructure across the state. Initial estimates illustrating the extensive damage include:

8,000+ power poles that must be repaired or replaced
21,000+ spans of wire equivalent to approximately 1,000 miles
1,500+ transformers that will need to be replaced
3,200+ trees on power lines that must be removed or addressed to restore power
Despite the widespread damages, we have restored power to approximately one million customers that were impacted by the storm.

Not sure what the Electrical Membership Co-ops (EMCs) had to go through for their restoration efforts. But sure it was a mess since they service the more rural areas of the state.

6 Likes

Biopsy news back…

Grade 2 cancer. Very small spot. Last year he tested negative and the two scans each year don’t show changes… so they missed it last year but it is not growing fast. Intermediate grade.

Consult the 17th. So if I want to see dad this year I think I really will have to go to NH.

12 Likes

/hugs Mirasol

5 Likes

A bunch of baby ducks.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Q8arp_aGzBI

#dfmb

Did people learn nothing from covid hoarding and selling it back for tripple the price is just being a horrible person its sad when costco has to bring this out.

3 Likes

Ok I heard that was a thing happening again. It’s really sad that it’s true.

2 Likes

It brings back nightmares indianapolis 500 to get to the tp/lysol wipes during covid.

2 Likes

RIP Ken Page, one of my fave villains ever.

3 Likes

Best wishes Mirasol.

2 Likes