[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Finally, after years of sporadically trying, I got my Ashes of A’lar.

16 Likes

7 Likes

Where was that thread a while back ranting about warband bank reagents?

3 Likes

RIP john amos

5 Likes

Had to just look this up and it appears to be legit. Seems a lot of famous people have been passing away as of recently.

3 Likes

I wouldnt post if i wasnt sure :slightly_smiling_face:

Speaking of death rip ken page voice of oogie boogie.

4 Likes

A bit brisk here this morning. There may be some frost just a bit further north. Fall could be right around the corner! Yay!

3 Likes

Temp when I left the house yesterday morning was 48°F. Hoodie season has arrived. It was a fairly lightweight WoW hoodie, but a hoodie nonetheless.

Side note - While driving between errands, I noticed said hoodie has quite a few snags in the fabric (shout-out to my cats, Valkyrie, Tuna and Lilly). Thought to order a new one, but it’s no longer for sale on the Gear Store. /sadface

4 Likes

Dashes in and sets out the coffee vats, hot water kettles, tea, fall themed mugs/cups, assorted creamers and fixings

Good morning all and happy Wednesday I think.

I rant about it in my head every time I do a crafting order! Great change.

Doc did not actually have dad’s results from the biopsy yesterday. Lab backed up I guess. ARGH. Killing me waiting.

5 Likes

https://jewelsinabottle.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/im-back.png

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bxGec69nF4A?app=desktop

:joy: Sorry, couldn’t resist

5 Likes

“All of them at once,” said Bilbo. “And a very fine morning for a pipe of tobacco out of doors, into the bargain.”

I guess Tolkien really liked his pipe.

4 Likes

A little Gandalf is good on any day!

I don’t actually feel that great, but I do hope everyone else has a better day than I am. Just SUPER anxious which is making my body do stupid stuff. Some of it is logical anxiety which helps, and some is not which is harder to deal with.

Just sitting here with my coffee, cat on lap, notebook in hand. Trying to write down all the things that need to be done, + two contingency plans for later this months. One if my parents are able to come visit, and one if I have to go to NH to see them. I think I have a friend who can drive me. Maybe. It gets complicated.

6 Likes

I just got back from my prescription refill hostage appoint at my Dr. office. Snagged my flu shot while I was there. I have graduated to the old people dose. Higher level. They don’t do covid shots there so I will have to go to the corner drug store soon to get that. :syringe:

3 Likes

One thing that helps me in those sort of times is usually finding a way to distract the mind for a short while, whether it be gaming, artwork, handiwork or just getting outdoors and looking at the garden also, just having a sort of distraction to get away from when feeling anxious. Then try and return back to what you were doing, but try and think about how going to do this, plan that, etc… from a new approach that would make you feel less anxious.

1 Like

I do crossword puzzles for that. :grin:

1 Like

I end up doing sudoku puzzles surprisingly. I got sort of a stash of newspapers cutouts in one of my draws of sudoku or crossword puzzles, and end up always doing the sudoku puzzles.

1 Like

Online jigsaw puzzles. Gaming. Throwing myself into outside projects.

Weather and dampness not conducive to paining/staining work today. I already mowed the grass. Cooked a batch of coconut milk curry yesterday so food is done.

Might work on the vintage brittish bicycles or something. I still have cleaning/resto work to do on those. Maybe find something in the house to tear apart and re-organize?

1 Like

Will people stop dying already rip frank fritz

2 Likes