[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Sorry to hear about your dad having cancer. Sending him well wishes.

Hope that the doctors can treat his cancer.

1 Like

It is one of the lower forms of cancer and a very small spot. So, I guess that is the positive view? Still scary but could be a lot worse.

I hope the treatment plan is not too terrible. They should be able to treat it.

Thank you all for the kind wishes.

8 Likes

The picture doesn’t make it clear… What exactly is being hoarded?

It was toilet paper.

I remember how ugly the toilet paper hoarding got here in Sydney at the start of the Covid-19 Pandemic.

In fact, some people ended up hoarding the toilet paper just to resell on Facebook marketplace.

3 Likes

Pro Tip:
Try an office supply store where they tend to stock the giant rolls of toilet paper for public bathrooms in commercial buildings. The one’s with the small hole in the middle. fewer people know about it and it doesn’t fit on a regular home toilet paper holder… but who cares? It’s still toilet paper.

#dfmb

2 Likes

Am I missing something? Are people actually hoarding stuff again? Why?

:confused:

1 Like

Dockworkers on eastern seaboard went on strike. Some people are under the misguided idea that majority of our goods ONLY come in via ships. /smh

3 Likes

A bunch of baby goats:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0wobqw589l0

EDIT: Sorry Pooh, misunderstood your comment.

2 Likes

I don’t think that is what he means. Office Supply stores here SELL huge packages of office products including for the kitchens, restrooms, and janitorial services. I think he means consider buying from one.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:
What are you talking about? You can BUY those oversize commercial rolls at many office supply stones. Perhaps you’d want to retract YOUR statement.

#dfmb

Yeah, I’ve edited it with an apology. Our office supplies stores here doesn’t sell toilet paper, and that is how my comment originally came out as.

I’ve edited my comment, and no, can’t buy them here at office supply stores. Stores are different here in Australia than in other countries. Commercial products such as toilet paper are usually bought direct from the companies. Just things are completely different here.

I’m sorry if I made the wrong comment originally.

4 Likes

Perhaps. But here’s a link I quickly googled in case other people are in need.
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/6446654/Cascades-Tandem-JRT-PRO-Perform-2/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=sag&srsltid=AfmBOopaoXJ7rLKQqdQD8TL9cLOC08Jiv5KhpkerQW0ye8bPAyz3QASsADM

I will accept your apology. Perhaps an eagerness to “get me” played a factor. Or perhaps not. Just something to think about.

Hmmm, seems Keen games have been teasing the next update to Enshrouded with a pun…

Things are getting heated, but the teaser shows a snowy biome.

2 Likes

A couple of baby bears:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/VrDH2e_LmuY

I feel old. Eminem is going to be a grandfather. :laughing:

2 Likes

now I feel young again :joy:

Oh man, how old should I feel? I’m going to be a grandfather!!!

8 Likes