[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Well, this is nice…

I am completely debt free. Just paid off the car, closed my loans and my student loans are finally gone. Plus I got a nice apology letter from the Department of the Army and Department of Defense. Also they sent me a cool Challenge Coin.

8 Likes

RIP Dikembe Mutumbo and Pete Rose

And happy 100th to Jimmy Carter!

8 Likes

Ok so Sunday I fell asleep while playing. I dreamed I was going to go to the grocery store. Only instead of going, I was just suddenly there. Only it was completely dark, with no people around. It was almost creepy like seeing an abandoned town in a movie or something. Then I was suddenly inside, walking through completely pitch black aisles. The weirdest thing though, was the WOW login screen music was playing over the intercom. In the dream I recognized it, but it didn’t seem out of the ordinary.

Then I woke up, and I had actually been hearing the login screen music because I was afk long enough to get logged out.

8 Likes

Had a tank fall asleep once during raid. We joked that he had keyboard imprints on his face for a while after that.

And then there was the guy who hung his headset on the monitor during a break, stepped away for a minute, headset fell onto his keyboard causing him to run forward into the boss. We’re all just like “Ummm… what?” then died horribly.

2 Likes

I fell asleep during Ultraxion (as a healer) once. I had just gotten my Alexstrasza buff, and popped my healing rain. I actually woke up about 30 seconds later and noone noticed lol.

As far as “dumb things I’ve done”. One time in Firelands I was REALLY REALLY tired. We were on Alysrazor, taking a break after the first wipe. I saw the feather and my mind went “ooh shiny” and clicked it while everyone was afk. No idea what I was thinking, in my sleep deprived state, I was going “ooh I can fly around with the feather”. I got away with it because noone saw who did it. It ended up being blamed on a glitch.

3 Likes

Well, it was a glitch. Not a game glitch but a brain glitch.

2 Likes

I am late today!

Tosses out some coffee cauldrons, boiling vats or hot water, and an assortment of mugs

Tea assortment, creamers, sweetners, toppings are over there *points.

Waiting on my dad to get cancer biopsy results today and hoping it was just routine. He has not been diagnosed with cancer but his PSA was high so they are being super cautious.

8 Likes

Best wishes!

4 Likes

Sigh ds ultraxian where skull bash teleported u behind boss.

1 Like

After raid leader got back: “What? Was anyone near the feather?” everyone shrugs “Well don’t go anywhere near it, I guess it’s glitchy if someone is near it.”

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Ultraxion. My Rogue has never shadowstepped to him. Nope, not ever.

4 Likes

So… I had to hunt this one down again, because I stumbled across this (kind of related) YouTube video that I’d had stowed away (because it’s soooo cool):

https://youtu.be/7OiG-WjbCQA?si=Lm7fmhpf8x54FSSZ

1 Like

I think it is time to retreat to the CS forums. GD is in a “don’t wanna go back there” nutshell…

5 Likes

Global chat channels have been like that in game too this week…

1 Like

They are losing their minds over Maint and making all sorts of illogical comments. I don’t know if they really don’t know where to look for Maint status updates or what.

I sometimes think Blizzard could personally text it to them (assuming they signed up for a service) and they would still say they did not get enough communications.

I get that nobody likes Maint existing, or that it gets extended at times, but it seems overboard.

I guess if that is all they can complain about though then that is a good thing? If they hated the game they would not be so anxious to play it.

3 Likes

I think some people forget that there is a lot of people who play the game, and not everyone has the time to sit on the computer all the time due to life responsibilities outside of the game. And plus, everyone is from different corners of the world who play on the NA Servers.

1 Like

Even if maintenance was at 2 am PST, someone would be inconvenienced. At least blizz doesn’t do the Torok thing and wipe the servers clean with each restart/patch.

3 Likes

I honestly believe some people maintain a subscription to complain on the forums.

5 Likes

Lmao /10 char

Breathes a sigh of relief. Propane delivery finally happened!

Tank was down to 5% so we had turned off every non-essential appliance last couple of days to preserve as much as we could. Feels so good to be able to have A/C on again.

They are slowly making progress in our area for power restorations, so hopefully we will be back on the electrical grid sooner than the 5th.

:crossed_fingers:

10 Likes