[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

It needs to be something southern. :thinking: Or if they want to make a ton of money, a pet that can vender things when you click on it. Or something even sillier. A pet name Dorothy that will portal you back home. I must have drank from the goofy pot in the lounge.

3 Likes

A big bowl of grits. Or a grandmother-ly kind of thing that has moves like “Bless your heart,” “hush your mouth,” and “Hissy Fit.”

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Blizz doesn’t approve of that ability it seems. The one TWW pet (Coppers) that had that ability in Beta did not see such ability carry over to live.

1 Like

I feel attacked, lol.

Just kidding of course!

3 Likes

Sorry mira was the first one that poped into my should edit to kyzera

2 Likes

If we can come up with interesting ideas, I’m sure Blizzard can. Hint hint.

2 Likes

My first question is - which charity do you think Blizzard should be donating to? Is there one that is well organized, well respected internationally, and directly involved in this particular disaster?

Right now it is a lot of National Guard, Federal, and State resources trying to just get the roads open and basic living conditions stabilized with water and power.

2 Likes

That is a good question.

The only charity that gives 100% around here is the Goodfellows. Also known as the old newsboys. They give 100% to make sure needing kids get a Christmas. I know because my dad was one.

2 Likes

The “Send Poct to Beer Camp” fund?

:stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

Seriously, though, that’s a tough one. International causes are “easier,” because there’s generally an aid group organizing things, etc. Mainly, for situations like this, it’s primarily the US government that’s doing (and funding) the work.

They do a monthly pasty sale here. Saves me having to drive up to the Straits to get them.

3 Likes

Don’t forget that the red cross takes donations and helps many, many people.

4 Likes

Never mind, I just made a thread for my questions…

If I were in charge, I would pick a charity that operates globally, is not connected to a specific Government, religion, or cause. That helps where ever there is a need.

World Central Kitchen https://wck.org/

Founded by Chef José Andrés

They have been among the first on the scene stepping up across the world in natural disasters, humanitarian crisis situations,etc. They just feed people. Whoever needs food. That includes feeding all the local first responders, volunteers, State, Federal, and out of state help. They keep the helpers going and they do it by supporting local businesses if I remember correctly.

They are already on the ground, because of course they were, in the disaster zones. Any funds leftover from a donation to a specific cause, would certainly go to good use elsewhere.

Food themed pet or transmog would be appropriate maybe.

6 Likes

all of this is moot if Microsoft won’t allow it. :pensive:

2 Likes

True. Microsoft probably has their own corporate donation policy. I have no idea what that might be.

2 Likes

Hey!

Nightmares!

4 Likes

Oh hi Mira

I was doing some research on Japanese Patent Law and decided to segue into Microsoft corporate donation policy.

Because I’m weird like that but I know y’all like my weirdness.

TIL :

Now that last point probably isn’t really relevant for this disaster as (a) It’s too early to tell which resources they need (b) I don’t think there’s an organized system to manage incoming aid resources (c) The products you would get from that store. You can’t rebuild towns with copies of Microsoft Excel no matter how copious their manuals are.

There doesn’t appear to be anything stopping Blizzard employees from selecting an appropriate charity and giving to it. Other then the usual that is.

10 Likes

You are always so helpful with all the legal stuff Blu!

7 Likes

I’d put Alvie in but I’d likely get bit. Seenah would give me a text-full too.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Raider.IO’s website has a maintenance period?

Suddenly locked out from editing anything guild-related just as I went to save some changes to a recruitment profile.

But how can u recruit when ur not even in a guild are u trolling us mon :grinning:

1 Like