[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

My brain has done everything in its power to conveniently disregard both yesterday and today, assuming them both to be wildly different days. Made certain things seem very weird to be happening at work when they aren’t supposed to happen… until the weekend.

New schedule yesterday? “Oh, that’s odd. Those don’t usually go up until Friday or Saturday, I wonder why so early.” Somehow had it figured it was Tuesday.

Call my mother a few hours ago? “You in the box right now? Busy with a customer?” Couple seconds dead silence before she laughs. “It’s Sunday, the bank isn’t open today. No to both of those questions.” Today I think it’s Monday.

I think it’s time for more sleep.

2 Likes

Im working my thru d3 before voh goes live im ready to hit it running.

I work retail and can be scheduled any day of the week, so I kind of never know what day it is, even though I also have to at work, because different things have to be done on different days, especially Sundays.

I also forget that I need to be aware of sportsball schedules, especially NFL, because it’s insanely busy (up until game time) when the local team plays on a weekend afternoon. NCAA basketball too, when that season arrives. I only did half the stuff I was scheduled to do today because we were super busy and a ton of people called out, so I had to do the part that absolutely had to get done and then go run self checkout the rest of the day.

makes so much sense hes corrupted.
https://www.darklegacycomics.com/919

I am very thankful that we came through the storm as well as we did, considering how bad others around us fared.

We went to our daughter’s house in town and the devastation in her area was catastrophic. So many homes demolished from trees. Tons of roads still closed due to large amounts of downed power-lines and trees.

Luckily the tree that hit their house was small and it didn’t break through the roof.

I am so very happy that the pecan trees at the start of our section of the grove have stayed standing thus far.

No banana for scale, but that is a 6-foot fence.

6 Likes

Yeap, same for me. I know that struggle well.

Thankfully this place is pretty reliant on making sure I get things done when I need to so it’s easier to generally keep things on track.

Payroll off by a day or two? Catastrophe. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

rip Kris Kristofferson

8 Likes

RIP Drake Hogestyn

4 Likes

Yup, I have done payroll clerk. If it’s payroll day, you better have fixed what needs fixing by the time it posts.

2 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/6xq3tWwnhzU?si=8oLDMSB4orYH87SX&t=980

2 Likes

Zombie shuffles into Monday. Good morning all. Hope things are going apace.

sets out vats of coffee, hot water, tea, mugs, etc.

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :pretzel: :fallen_leaf: :apple:

4 Likes

dumps a Gnome in the coffee

2 Likes

Good thing my carafe is already filled. They tend to ruin the flavor.

2 Likes

Some people do like the flavor. Adds sweetness w less calories. Unless you inhale one by accident.

1 Like

You know there a reason why theres one labled gnomish swimming pool after one time someone almost drank ruffle.

1 Like

I wish Blizzard would give us a cute pet to buy for hurricane Helene relief. I would snap one up in a minute. They’ve done it in the past. :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Should put in a suggestion they should do a hurricane pet or a barn without a roof in kyzeras case.

3 Likes