[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Like, these?

2 Likes

Yeah /10 char

1 Like

Several years ago, we had a bad wind storm go through Michigan, taking power out all over the place. The state police came out and told us that, based on the law, “dead” traffic lights were treated as a Yield sign - you did not need to stop unless there was traffic. There was a quick change to the laws to make them all way stops.

4 Likes

Can’t imagine what could possibly have brought about that change. :thinking:

3 Likes

Trying to hold on to it …

Best wishes for their continued safety.

Best wishes for her continued safety.

3 Likes

Good morning all and I hope everyone continues to be as safe as possible.

lugs in a large vat off coffee, unending hot water, tea assortment, cocoa, and some cranberry orange muffins

Grey here again and still no measurable rain despite all the showers. It just gets the grass damp. Might work on a crafting project today. I made a wreath out of some invasive oriental bittersweet vines I removed from a neighbor’s garden for him. Sort of like a grapevine wreath base. Working on some paper flowers, corn stalk type decorations (made from garlic stalks I grew), etc.

Or I might just nap, then take another nap.

6 Likes

I think I’m invincible actually… :scream:

Actually, just before midnight, made a quick run down to the shop, and hit the button for the traffic lights to cross the road. And before the light turned green for me to cross the road, a speeding car crashed into the signal poll across the road. I think the driver was doing about 70, possible 80km/h, the speed limit along the road is 50km/h and with the rain added included, wasn’t really driving to the conditions as well.

I ended up watching on, forgetting about the shop, and it closed without me realizing.

1 Like

Hope the driver is ok ive seen one accident like that and called 911.

1 Like

Yeah, the driver were alright.

2 Likes

Well, we are making some progress in our area.

Power is estimated to be restored to our area on October 5th. Our propane tank is at 40% now, so gonna have to see if we can get a refill on that Monday so the generator can continue to run thru the week.

We are still without water at the house. Word is a water main broke near our area and it might take a few more days to repair it. We did fill the tub soon as pressure started lessening, so we have about half of that left now. We will just need to make a trip to one of the water refilling stations they have set up in a neighboring city to fill some tanks to bring back home.

Wishing a quick recovery for all involved. This storm was catastrophic on so many levels and for so many people.

9 Likes

This is why janeway returned to the delta quadrant better coffee,

3 Likes

Good morning all. My calendar says it is a Sunday here.

Don’t forget that you have X gallons in the hot water heater, if you have a tank model. I consider that the 40 gal reserve after go through the tub water, coolers/bottles.

So glad you guys sound well prepared and like you have the equipment and supplies you need - or the ability to still get them locally such as more water. It is a week of camping right? Except you have a bug free house to do it in.

Sets out the fancy china for tea/coffee, desert plates, creamer/sugar bowls. Sets out fruit, blueberry muffins, apple coffee cake.

:coffee: :teapot: :cupcake: :cake: :apple: :fallen_leaf:

Also sets out some cauldrons of coffee and kettles of hot water
:bucket: :basket: :bread: :amphora: :teapot:

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

5 Likes

I wish I had a good start to the week, but in fact, today has been somewhat horrible. And the problem is, I can’t even really talk about it here due to the political nature of it as well to why my day has been horrible.

3 Likes

{hugs}

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear it was horrible, even if this is not the place to talk about it. Regardless of people’s views, starting the week off badly sucks.

EDIT:
Where ever you live, VOTE! I got my ballot last week so will be taking time to research all the local candidates as well as the National ones. Where I live we have no-fault absentee voting. Request ballot (with proof you are the legally registered voter), track it all the way from that request to the final tally! Super transparent which I love. Fantastic for disabled, elderly, shift workers, people without transportation, areas with bad weather, etc. Also for me who has massive anxiety/social issues! I get to exercise my rights without having it be limited to a set number of hours on one specific day in one specific place. Win for voting rights!

Ok, that is as political as I think we can get. No country, no candidates, no issues. Just a reminder to register and vote.

8 Likes

I never though of this before! This is genius!

2 Likes

The hot water tank has a hose valve on the bottom to drain it so you can attach a hose to the bottom and remove the water for use. If there is sediment in the bottom it may need a bit of flushing first before using.

5 Likes

Moonguard needs healing.

Like half a hundred lvl 10 dk pandas with no achievement points flooded stormwind and the entirety of services chat atm.

I dm’d a few and the discords they link are shell discords where all the boosters come from boosting communities who are also inside rmt gold swap discords

:dracthyr_nervous_animated:

I miss the one day last month when services chat was cleaned up. Filtering out all non lvl 80 toons and service chat has absolutely no one posting. It is 100% under 80 spam atm.

The gas lines here are so very long now. I’m getting flashbacks to when I was a child in the ‘70s. But gotta get fuel, so sit in this line I shall.

5 Likes

Please dont bring drama here not the place.

4 Likes