[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

She was amazing in Downton Abbey too.

9 Likes

I will never NOT call it DownTOWN Abbey… Man does Brae LOVE when I do that. LOL.

9 Likes

Okay few lessons learned thus far.

1. Make sure battery powered chainsaw is charged before storm hits
  2. Grab the correct saw to use for removing the branches from the downed pecan limbs cause chainsaw isn’t charging
  3. Buy gas powered chainsaw for next time
  4. Don’t buy house in pecan grove, lol
9 Likes

You forgot to add make sure to buy apocalypse fortifoed barn.

2 Likes

I should not be laughing, but yeah. That was very very funny the way you put it. Glad you still have a sense of humor intact through this.

When a storm took down half my ancient black walnut onto my garage - going through the roof, breaking a window, etc. I called people with gas powered chain saws. Dad and a family friend. The limbs were 20" across so it was a job for large chain saws even, not little yard ones.

So many people came by trying to take my black walnut wood!

6 Likes

Dang didnt know maggie smith played wendy in hook i see it now.

3 Likes

I knew my parents were going to South Carolina this week. Didn’t know until today that state would be in Helene’s path. They are okay but having to stay in a grubby motel and eat fast food because so many places don’t have power. (I think they normally would have cancelled but have a good reason not to if they could make it work at all.)

Trying to figure out what to eat for dinner and fix for lunch tomorrow since I finished up most of the leftovers at lunch.

2 Likes

My mom is out there right now too. The hotel she and her friends are at has no power or anything. They are trying to find them somewhere else, which is likely 20+ miles away.

I blame her, she said Helene’s path would go a different direction, so she instead attracted it. :smiley:

10 Likes

she should go karren and demand to speak to its manager lol.

2 Likes

Finally! The Brewfest armor for the Proto-drake dropped. I have too many alts to run through the boss fight. Now I can work on Delves.

3 Likes

Okay, went into town. It is like an apocalypse happened.

There is ONE convenience store with gas pumps opened. There were at least a hundred people standing around pumps with gas cans. Cars in line for miles.

It was very eerie for such a large area.

5 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

That community center putting out some bangers

2 Likes

8 Likes

Indeed. :steam_locomotive::crazy_face:

Rail yard was about the only area with power when we rode into town earlier. Not surprising since it is the major industry here.

Lot of roads closed due to downed lines and trees. All traffic lights off, so those all became 4-way stops.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Works kind of differently here if traffic lights went out.

If the signal was out and had this sign, it means traffic facing this sign would have to stop while the other traffic would have the right of way.

EDIT: I should clarify, when I mean here, I am not talking about all of Australia, I am talking about the state of New South Wales. Each state here has completely different rules, so I thought to clarify on that.

5 Likes

In my town we have a muti directional sidewalks thats legal you can go every direction on a compass depending on traffic.

3 Likes

I love the diagonal across the street. And it legal.