[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Indeed they are just that!

I can see their house from the back door. It is still safe and unaffected by what happened at the other end of the barn.

7 Likes

Made it outside to the kitties and they are safe. :heart_eyes_cat:

Pieces of the barn roof are all over the place. I had an open metal gazebo structure in my garden that was ripped out of ground and thrown halfway across our property. Numerous pecan limbs scattered all over ours and neighbor’s property. Our lawnmower is under part of the collapsed section, so I will need some help getting that freed.

Our area is still without power, so I could only survey the damage with a flashlight.

Thankfully our generator is still kicking along and keeping our power on for now.

We still have another two hours before sunrise. Gonna have a lot to discuss with the insurance company.

We are now under a “Shelter in Place” order from the county government. There are downed trees and power lines all over our area.

10 Likes

Glad that you and your cats are safe but yikes.

6 Likes

Thanks.

Barn is definitely gonna take some work.

12 Likes

Like you’re going to be able to mow the yard any time soon… :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, though, glad you and the cats (and hopefully everyone else) are safe.

6 Likes

Wow! Sky where there should not be sky! So glad nobody was hurt and that the kitties are safe too.

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone else is safe too.

sets out several vats of coffee, hot water kettles, tea assortments, cocoa, fixings for flavored fancy lattes and drinks

Friday. It is Friday. Have a good one and a safe one!

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :fallen_leaf: :pretzel: :pancakes: :apple:

8 Likes

Not without sending a bajillion pecans rocketing towards everyone.

6 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, it is a little brighter under there now for sure.

3 Likes

grabs a vat and runs to the dog show TY Mirasol!!!

7 Likes

Good luck with your dog show this weekend Rycerz!

hands you a cauldron lid

Try not to spill it!

5 Likes

having a bit of a clumsy evening actually. In fact, I burnt toast 3 times in a row, and gave up.

6 Likes

Bring it on! We’ve got black walnuts. A bit bigger than a golf ball, and about as hard. :rofl:

Squirrels sure will be happy, though.

5 Likes

Ohhod same. So many black walnuts! So many small furry critters.

At least both are good to eat for humans too! They just take work. I used the black walnuts to dye some curtains last year too. Worked surprisingly well given I had no idea how to dye things - there is chemistry and science involved!

That reminds me I still need to find a used cauldron/large pot for non-food uses like dying. I used a 5 gal bucket but I can’t put that on a heat source.

4 Likes

My two fave ice cream flavors are Butter Pecan and Black Walnut. It is hard to find the Black Walnut one sadly.

3 Likes

I can get it easily up North. Usually Maple Black Walnut. The further south you go the harder it is to find I think. Which is strange, because black walnut trees are happier a bit further south than the sugar maples!

I have thousands of them though…thousands. My tree is over 100 years old and it is HUGE. So many walnuts. My car has some unfortunate dents from being hit too :frowning:

Thankfully the garage door works now so the car has a safe house!

4 Likes

Rip maggie smith

11 Likes

Glad you are safe! That is going to be a huge repair.

We only lost a few trees in my area and some minor flooding.

5 Likes

Sadness. She was amazing. :magic_wand:

16 Likes

Thanks! We got lucky.

There are so many trees down all over our area — many on houses and power-lines.

Not sure when our area will be able to have power restored.

6 Likes

I only knew her from harry potter she was the perfect mc gonagol gah bad spelling.

5 Likes