[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

This is what I did during Hurricane Alicia as a teenager. But I had Magic Carpet Ride going on in my head.

https://youtu.be/Y8eL_DB-xBo?si=pUzu_hS86f9ENyJV

Interesting tidbit. The fellow in the video is supposedly a substitute teacher at a local Florida school. They say he’s the most chill person around and loved by his students.

3 Likes

Best wishes for everyone to come through it safely.

1 Like

Hey, it’s good to get everything lined up to how you’d like things to go down. Coming off where I lost my grandmum last year - she had no real plans formally laid out. The only saving grace is she was morbid and would randomly talk about her final wishes with me, so I could tell my mother and aunt what she wanted done.

Then going about all of her accounts and fiscal matters, that was a whole other kettle of worms. It’s not something any of us really want to think about or do, but setting things out ahead of time makes a world of difference than just leaving it all in someone else’s hands with little to no guidance.

1 Like

I’d give today’s State of Play a B+.

Lego Horizon Adventures release date, Alan Wake 2 DLC, a sequel to Jin’s Ghost coming next year… yeah. Solid B+.

Dreary, rainy morning. We got about half our usual walk in this morning in a heavy mist, and by the time we got home, we were both a bit damp.

And I’m off work until Monday. About all I have planned is to do a little cooking today (Fajita Bowls), driving my mom to an appointment tomorrow, and a bit of WOW throughout the very extended weekend.

And naps.

2 Likes

Hurricane on the way. . .
-and my only thought is, I hope I don’t lose power so I can play WoW.

2 Likes

Time to run out and get a generator. Make sure you have enough extension cords to ensure a smooth playing experience. :smiley:

In all seriousness. Be safe.

Edit:

We are suppose to have some heavy thunderstorms come through today. I’m low key hoping that my place of work loses power. I just don’t feel like doing the work thing today :rofl:

4 Likes

My thought is that I hope you stay safe! WoW can wait.

Coffee, tea, cocoa, icy beverages, cranberry orange muffins, apple slices, fresh crusty toasted bread.

:fallen_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :apple:

Rain, we are getting a little bit of rain! I think it might have soaked into the first millimeter of dirt :melting_face:

Seriously though we have a grey week and I am very good with that. Also sort of excited that the new D4 expansion is coming out soon! New expansions are always fun and I can’t wait to see the story.

5 Likes

We got almost two inches of rain between yesterday afternoon and last night. Apparently it was just a steady rain overnight; I wouldn’t know, I don’t even think I moved last night.

2 Likes

Interesting AC shadows has been delayed to feb 14 2025

Oh boy. If only there was some way to figure out how many people break up that holiday because a significant other was too enthralled in a new game to celebrate with them.

Couples that game together stay together or make plans around it.

3 Likes

100% agree, but alas, there are still those relationships where a person isn’t quite that lucky in their partner(s) - and they will weaponize it.

2 Likes

If they choose to weaponize a trivial holiday thats designed to sell over priced chocolates and flowers partner needs to rethink there relationship.

#feb15singlesday

3 Likes

Again, completely agree.

But I’m just warped enough I still wouldn’t mind knowing how well that release date works for them.

February 15tth, November 1st and December 26th - best days for candy shopping. I’ve got no shame getting myself some over-the-top bougie heart-shaped box of chocolates to kick back with the day after when everything is 1/2 off.

4 Likes

Indeed. 1/2 price chocolates taste twice as sweet.
:gift_heart:

4 Likes

Absolutely. While I don’t miss the customer interactions, let alone alot of the work drama from my days at Walmart, I do miss those mornings after when I would be on duty to re-open the front end after a holiday. We’d all be shopping the markdowns and arranging for the purchases to be made before the hoard outside would be let loose in the store.

1 Like

I will never work for that hell hole again gave my 2 weeks notice and was told to go jump off a cliff. 10yrs costco vetran 100x more happier.

Sadly, it’s over an hour and a half to the nearest Costco. It’s the land of Sams and BJs down this way. I did my time at Walmart, and I won’t go back there unless I could get back into the pharmacy - which was an entirely different beast. But even that is a pipe dream at this stage with my stupid health issues.

hour and half isnt bad some people drve 2-3x that.