[CS Lounge] Fall Festivities and Friends!

Our lovebug swarm started in August this year so hoping the storm can blow them away, lol.

My husband told me a story of when he was a kid visiting an aunt in Florida. The house was full of spiders. She wouldn’t let anyone kill them because they ate the other bugs. He never slept the whole time he was there.

3 Likes

4 Likes

The one thing I don’t miss about NW Florida.

Edit - Also not many box elder bugs to speak of this year. Usually the east side of the house is covered in them (pump sprayer full of soapy water takes care of them with a quickness).

1 Like

East side, hoping we only get extra rain.

2 Likes

Oh god, if that was me, I’d never sleep again.

1 Like

Dont know if you rember a few years pre covid where we had 90 days strait rain.

Yes! The annual migration of the cat toys has begun! The spider crickets are trying to come in too. Found the first cat victim in the kitchen the other day.

We were supposed to get a rainy day tomorrow, but no, showers only. I really really really wish we could have a good week of gentle rain!

This thread has also reminded me I need to order more allergy meds.

2 Likes

7 Likes

After it gets done soaking you folks, it’s going to do this weird track that puts it in line to get us here in Michigan, too (probably).

Makes it easier to complain about the weather.

Someone in a nearby county has tested positive for West Nile. Let them skeeters die!

That’s because they’re all on the sides of my house. :frowning:

3 Likes

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2024/09/22/multimedia/22election-live-oprah-pvzc/22election-live-oprah-pvzc-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Oprah looking fantastic for 70!!

Hopefully!

1 Like

Just a little disappointing when trying to help someone who doesn’t have Trust Level 3 in by helping share an image or a link to get a comment back saying didn’t ask. So, I’ll let them be them, I just won’t help them in the future.

6 Likes

I don’t even load the random photos. Most of those sites are just trackers.

4 Likes

I use AVG with the web browser extension to help make sure that the site isn’t a tracker or isn’t malicious.

2 Likes

I use a DNS blackhole, a network-level firewall, an interactive OS-level firewall, and an ad block.

It’s, sadly, not bulletproof.

2 Likes

I’m on the tail end of a upper respiratory infection. It’s getting better, but had to isolate myself for a week or two.

6 Likes

Ew. Glad it’s improving at least!

3 Likes

I’m behind 7 boxxies!

1 Like

Are they cardboard? I have no idea what that is.