[CS Lounge]: Drunk dwarves, and flailing Night Elves? Just another weekday

Sure, welcome to Detroit where the weak are killed and eaten. That’s a phrase we used awhile ago. Our new phrase is Detroit vs everybody.

3 Likes

It is 55 and sunny. A beautiful Fall day. This weekend should be 60. Good weather to put covers on the deck furniture, fountain, and other odd deck stuff. Have to tie all the chairs to the deck rails because for some reason in the winter they decide to go flying off somewhere. I’m sure the covers act like sails but it keeps the furniture in better shape than uncovered. Just don’t want to chase them all over the neighborhood again.

2 Likes

Counterspell.

3 Likes

I use the original recipe that came with the crockpot. I just modify it a bit for my families tastes. I also add mushrooms (Yeah, I’m a heathen) cause it’s extra fiber and tastes good in there.

1 Like

i laughed at this more than i probably should’ve.

i’m having chicken breast fillets and french fries myself. last night, i had chicken fettuccine alfredo, and tomorrow, i’ll probably have my general tao chicken and fries…unless i find some extra money to order a pizza or something. xP

What is that Doors song where Jim Morrison sings he eats more chicken than any man I know :thinking:

Back door man.

1 Like

We put mushrooms in our chili too.

Thanks it was bugging me. It popped into my head and just refused to leave.

I just made chili yesterday too! My secret ingredient is a cinnamon stick. I put one large or two small into the dish once it’s all in the crockpot. It gives it a depth of flavor and smells so good too!

1 Like

I use a McCormick spice mix because I’m lazy, but I add a healthy bunch of Cumin Powder to mine; I find that it does the same.

I have no idea where the booklet that came with my slow cooker is or if it even came with one. I’ve had it for years and we’ve moved since I got it. If it came with one, it’s lost somewhere or got thrown away. We are missing so many things since that move. Almost all of our Christmas ornaments we bought or made over the years are gone. :cry:

1 Like

Definitely some cumin too :slight_smile: Yum! I also like to put shredded cheddar and sour cream on it when I eat it.

3 Likes

I don’t have mine anymore either. I have made it so many times it’s embedded in my brain cells. I can make it in my sleep.

1 Like

Does the cinnamon change the taste?

It does a little, but it gives it a hearty flavor. It’s not overpowering, just a little hint of warmth! I definitely wouldn’t suggest using powder as a substitute as I think that would give it too much of a kick. But we definitely like it and the aroma around the house as it’s cooking is amazing!

1 Like

I hate sour cream, but I’m game for the cheddar, especially if it’s been grated into nice, thick …shavings? Cuttings?

2 Likes

To me, Cumin smells the same as Cayenne Pepper. I learned the hard way there is a difference.

When I was a kid, a slice of American. At some point, I switched to shredded Mozzarella. A slice of crusty sourdough with butter and a sweet pickle.

Thanks to this thread, I’m making a pot of chili next week. I might even ease up on the heat so the less adventurous roommates can enjoy a bowl.

5 Likes

Don’t forget diced onions. Yummay

3 Likes