[CS LOUNGE] Country roads, take me home

They have! A lot of spray, some traps, and diatomaceous earth did the trick. The ants are gone and Blake is getting around the whole apartment and knocking things over once more.

2 Likes

Iā€™m nervous and waiting impatiently to hear if my bone scan request is denied or approved. Iā€™ll probably have to wait a few more days. I hope my doctorā€™s office calls to let me know and I donā€™t have to wait until my next appointment to find out and then have to go back again.

Osteoporosis runs in the family and I take a medication that can cause bone loss and one of my docs is worried I may already have weakened bones as I have arthritis at my age. Especially, since Iā€™ve been on the medication a long time. Iā€™m going to end up having to have the surgery Iā€™ve been trying to avoid with the meds this year probably, anyway.

Sorry. I know Iā€™m rambling again. Just nervous because surgery is pretty much a given now. Itā€™s the right thing, though. Then I can forget about yearly biopsies.

Oy, still havenā€™t watched Endgames. I used to watch so many movies at the theater, to the point I had an account with Cinemark. But the theater I frequented added a bag policy and then started enforcing. Specifically, one day Iā€™d bought my ticket, gone in to the theater, come back out and bought refreshments, and that is when they decided I wasnā€™t allowed in with my backpack. I got a refund on the ticket (but not the food), cancelled the membership, and havenā€™t been back. The last movie Iā€™d seen in the theater was Deadpool 2, which I was really meh about, and somehow Wasp didnā€™t make me want to go.

So now itā€™s kind of a principal thing that I refuse to go to that theater, even though I now have a car and wouldnā€™t have the backpack with me. But going further by car means I struggle to find a parking place along the street when I get home. =/ (LOL ā€¦ such first world problems)

2 Likes

Me neither.

Iā€™m still confused if I can get away with watching just Infinity War before it or if I need to watch Thor Ragnarok , Antman & Wasp as well as Infinity War.

None of which Iā€™ve seen as yet.

I havenā€™t been to a movie theater in ages. I think the last movie I saw at a theater was The Dark Knight. I got tired of being next to people who talk loudly through the whole movie. And people who bring little children to movies that scare them then scream at the children when they cry. I was at a Harry Potter movie and a lady brought her toddler to it. He was terrified of Voldemort. He cried and she screamed through half the movie.

1 Like

Infinty war is pretty much all you need to watch even cpt marve isnt realy necessary infinty war tells it all.

You also need Spiderman and Dr Strange. I donā€™t go to movies much for the same reasons as Arya. My hubby got a list of what to see in what order and we did the net flix thing. I did see Infinity Wars and End Game in the theatre. Our seats were on the back wall, no kicking children or stinky feet on the back of your chair. Yes we had a woman stick her bare feet thru the armrests to rest on us.

When I was watching The Dark Knight, some guy behind me sneezed and coughed several times. When the movie was over and we went outside into the hot night air, I went to put my hair up and realized it was wet from him sneezing on it. I wonā€™t be going back to a theater for a long time.

1 Like

When the ā€œladyā€ put her feet on us, my hubby asked politely for her to not do that. Her Hubby jumped up and said she was pregnant and needed to keep her feet up. Mine said her feet stunk and it was rude. Many words flew back and forth. We were kicked out of the movie. They refunded our ticket price for the trouble but I never went back to the theatre until Infinity war. The movie we got kicked out of was Avatar.

Bluspacecow, you have been an MVP for a very long time. I remember you from the original forums, back before everything was moved over. (Twice?)

Well based on the time stamp of your post I feel very confident in saying Happy eviction day.

1 Like

So had a family meeting with the psychologist at youngest school. She got to kind of see first hand how he shuts down when he does not get what he wants. As bad as it sounds it was actually a good thing.

Then stopped at Autozone and got a mirror glue kit. Drove to work for a meeting, set the mirror, and went to meeting. Mirror solid when I came out.

Then dropped paperwork off for the oldest at the psychiatrist. As you can see I will do pretty much anything for the kiddos.

I rarely go to movies as well. Just too damn expensive overall. Won a gift certificate for movies saw Deadpool 2 with it. Donā€™t remember last I paid for, though.

When I saw Lord of the Rings Fellowship there was a guy directly behind me that kept clicking his aster bottle. Tried asking nicely repeatedly for him to stop. I then asked him not so nicely to stop or the bottle would no longer be an issue haha. Yeah he stopped. And about 5 rows around me cheered.

Hope you had a great birthday!

3 Likes

Obviously Iā€™m not in a position to answer that definitively.

However, I feel like Endgames wouldnā€™t make much sense lacking the context of Infinity War, because theyā€™re really more like one movie split into two with a cliff-hanger in the middle. If all you saw first was Infinity War, you probably would know enough about the characters at that point to not need to see the lead-in movies prior to that.

(Of course, some of my impression is based on which characters are on my favorites list and which I donā€™t care for. I love Captain America and crew, love Guardians of the Galaxy, and love the Black Panther. I am intrigued by Dr. Strange, I enjoy Thor and Loki. Iā€™m oddly meh about Black Widow and Hawkeye. I do not like Spiderman, tolerate Antman, like Pepper Potts more than Ironman and sheā€™s not a superhero, and just really donā€™t get the inclusion of The Hulk. So all of those have a say in which movies Iā€™d feel were important to see before, but Iā€™d have watched the ones with characters I like more.)

I feel so dizzy right now. I never knew that I was so sensitive to heat until I went outside today. I had to leave work early due to such a reason. I am going to get home and get plenty of water.

Sounds like you got ā€œbear caughtā€. Iā€™ve had that happen before, definitely not a pleasant feeling.

Get plenty of fluids and get some rest while in a cool place.

Hope that you feel better soon.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of that terminology before. Thankfully, this only feels like it is temporary.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say you should at least see Infinity War but I think seeing them all will allow Endgame to be that much more epic. For me, following the various journeys of each of the heroes, knowing their background, and the references that the later movies make to the previous ones, it allowed me to be more of a part of the conclusion because I had a history with their history.

Granted, Iā€™m a huge superhero/comic fan, so the idea of not watching any of the movies the moment they are available is simply unfathomable.

7 Likes

crud, I gotta wait til Wednesday, before I can purchase anything. Taking in the truck to have the transmission looked at and see if it needs any work. Planning a trip to Lockhart to get some BBQ, so Iā€™m making sure things are copacetic before I make the trip

Itā€™s mostly a Southern saying. Just a reference to sun stroke or heat exhaustion.

1 Like