[CS LOUNGE] Country roads, take me home

Haha, when mine were late teens, I resorted to that a couple times. Less them being cranky teens, though, and more them not contributing to housework at all. (I hate housework myself, but I do mine. They were piling dishes up until there was nothing left, and worse.)

It wasn’t as effective an option when they were 18+ and needed to job hunt, which was early in the “Apply Online” bit.

I’ve been a bit quiet. Two parts to that.

One is physical - the fibroid issue is likely to end with a hysterectomy at this point, which would be my first ever surgery under anesthesia and one that has a 3-6 week recovery time (2 weeks no driving or working). Lots of research and planning to go into that.

The other is mental/emotional - I’m feeling less and less invested in WOW Classic due to a variety of seemingly minor actions/decisions made by Blizzard. I’ve had one goal (completing all Horde questing), but I’m starting to realize I had long ago accepted that Cataclysm took that away, and it’s not that important to do.

Anyway, time will tell. At some point I’ll play a month and see if a spark of what made me love WOW ignites. If not … ouch. HotS already went from something I played multiple times a weeks to barely at all (AI changes last year were bad and they only fixed a couple things, so AI games are not fun at all). Nothing else Blizzard seems to be offering holds any appeal. (Love WCIII, but don’t need to pay for pretty pictures to enjoy the missions. Dig Diablo 2 for occasional dabling, but not interested in ARPG mobile games - never have been. So … ugh.)

No, he watches it on the TV in the living room. He was just on one. He started school 1 1/2 hours late, and I gave him his medicine late because I give it as a routine before we go to school, not a set time. Kinda set myself up haha.

Ah, bummer. There are some sneaky-deaky things you can do to lock a child out of your network, but if they’re using a device that the whole family uses, that’s a no-go outside of shutting down the whole network.

RIP to your gaming for the time being, I suppose.

LOL, this was the 8 year old. If it was the eldest with phone and school laptop to get around it, I would have just changed the password.

When mini me version 2.0 was born, my wife would not stop bleeding. The doctor said they did not know why, and they had to take her into surgery to "scrape things out and clean things up at best, or hysterectomy at worst. She asked them how dangerous another child would be, and he said possibly deadly. She opted to save them the time. Hysterectomy.

The doctor told her she was about to be in a medical paper. He had never seen this before. The eldest was a pure Bart Simpson, mooning the entire time, so they did a C Section. When Tiny Tim came along, the placenta went through the scar tissue and attached to the abdomen wall, not the uterus. The body was trying to flush something that was not meant to let it go, so it was pulling and tearing at the abdomen.

I am not sure if she is the norm, but we got lucky. She suffered NO side effects. No early menopause etc.

I hope things get better for you soon. You are in my old stomping grounds, so I am invested in your happiness :smile: :hugs:

As for Classic, i had zero interest in it, but got the Beta. At that point I felt obligated. I took a Beta from somebody that would test. Now I have to test. The nostalgia wave hit me like I did not expect at the login screen of all places. Sounds had not yet been adjusted. That login screen music, the old screen…all of it.

And I know this is Beta and not live, but there is already a sense of community in general chat, etc. People helping people, directing people, reminding them where settings controls are etc. You never know, it might surprise you.

Edit:

Oh he is at school now, so I don’t have to worry about it. It is why I did it haha. It was just the late start due to nasty nasty weather. All that water on the grounds and high winds tend to not be a very nice recipe for busses with such a large side profile for the wind to grab and whip around on wet roads.

Waiting sucks.

Waiting on my brakes being replaced. So not only am I waiting, I’m waiting to give them a fist-full of money too :frowning:

Ouch; I know how much those places can charge and also how some can rip people off by saying you need new rotors or drums when there’s nothing wrong with the ones on there; I hope & pray that you have a reputable business that won’t try to rip you off as some of my friends have in the past. I always advise my friends to have them show you where the rotors or drums are worn out before having them replaced.

I do my own work when it comes to these things but I also have an extra car for backup just in case.

Sorry; I don’t mean to sound condescending, Just trying to give some helpful advice.

It’s good advice. I had a mechanic try to tell me I needed new tires, saying that two of mine had gone flat while they had the car lifted up. Asked them to take the tires off and spray them with soapy water so we could find the air leak and I could just patch it, and lo and behold, no bubbles on the tire. Had them air them back up after, and didn’t have a problem at all driving on them even after several weeks.

I hope the attempted upsell was worth the hour and some change of their time I made them waste in order to save face.

4 Likes

Ohgodmyeyez! It’s been a while brother!

Yo yo yo, missed seeing you around.

It’s been a while… been sick recently and still down, so my posting is slow. Still here and watching the forums, as always.

It has! Got let go from my job about six weeks ago and haven’t had much time to forum-go while getting a new one and acclimating to it. You could always hit me up on Battlenet, though – we are friends on there, you mook. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ugh, sorry about losing your job, but grats on getting a new one.

3 Likes

Had an interview the day after I lost the old one. xD

Started the following Monday. Yay for marketable skills!

6 Likes

Haven’t had any work done on the brakes since I got it 6 years ago, so I knew I was getting close.

It’s all good though. I don’t mind doing some stuff when it comes to my vehicles, but when it comes to brakes, I like to leave it to the pros.

1 Like

This is what I’m sincerely hoping. It’s just hard to hang onto right now. (Minimally, the decision that unlike every other Beta in the lifetime of Blizzard, paid game time is required … for a gambler’s chance at a Beta invite. I don’t even care why that decision was made at this point; it was one of several, another being Blizzard store comments, that show that WOW Classic will never be as free of management tentacles as I’d like.)

I’m holding out hope right now that the game and the players can change my mind once I do spend a month or two, and that’s really the only hope I have.

1 Like

Amen to that, Also good to hear from you as it’s been a while.

My wife and I have been taking care of my terminally ill Mother who will go when it’s her time (Renal Failure) and my handicap sister.

I always make it a point to keep in touch with those in my workforce through Indeed.com and was recently contacted by a supervisor from 10 years ago and asked me what I was doing, I explained to her and her comment was to let her know when I was ready to rejoin the workforce that she would hire me in a heartbeat; That really lifted my spirits, She’s a Director for the Honeywell Corp. and anyone who knows who they are can only imagine the potential.

Anyway, I’m happy for you that you got another job so quickly! Happy trails to you Ohgodmyeyez!

I’ve been checking my bnet email daily. Nothing. Then, Wow started an install. Huh? Look, and hey! I have beta…

3 Likes

Went to the docs and found out I don’t have hives. Just a body rash and vascular inflammation on my left foot. Prescribed some ointment and meds and I’m good to go.

3 Likes

Is it Beta, or just for the Stress Test. Mine is only the Stress Test atm.

It says “Beta and Stress Test” on my launcher. So no idea.

I’m starting to think Dauth uninstalled Wow on my laptop last night when he was fixing things, though. Its BfA that’s installing.

I installed it and logged in. Mine only shows the Stress Test realm.