[CS LOUNGE] Country roads, take me home

Beta only just started lots more waves coming out even a stress test on wed dont give up hope.

6 Likes

I’m thinking it’s a reaction to some medication I started on last month

10-20 out of hundreds isn’t really a lot. They are just visible. They are given spots as marketing. If they weren’t there it wouldn’t open the spots for eager players like you.

That only looks at one aspect of the Classic beta - the feel. They can look for bugs just as easily as anyone else. Them highlighting the differences between Classic and BfA might encourage others to try it out.

I haven’t gotten beta either, but it’s three and a half months until release. Lots of time to get added.

Been thinking about you and yours today Mast and praying for this system coming through to bypass everyone.

I never will forget having to go to Joplin, Mo. not long after it hit and seeing the devastation, Looked like a Nuclear Bomb had went off, Honestly I have never seen anything like it.

Playing HQ trivia and they had to start over because they screwed up and are doign the same questions and people are still getting them wrong.

1 Like

Huge wave tomorrow or Wednesday for stress testing

We are in the main event now. Sirens were going earlier but it was across town.

Coming down hard right now and flash flood warnings out too. Last hour has seen like 2 inches of rain

Our food distribution hub canceled deliveries tomorrow as itnis supposed to rain hard and a semi pulling two 36 ft trailers I this wind and water is not safe. So no work tomorrow.

Wednesday instead. Gonna lay down and enjoy me some rain. Have a good night all.

Good night Mast; Ya’ll are in our prayers.

3 Likes

Going to the docs tomorrow. From reading about some of the side effects of one of the meds I am taking, it looks like it’s the culprit. Rashes on the legs and arms is common for it, and the timing makes sense. Most side effects don’t show til about 4-6 weeks, and I have been on the new meds for about 2 months.

I hope they don’t make me stop taking them meds, as I like the results I am getting.

Quality Assurance testing doesn’t usually make for gripping viewing. Says more about the streamers, I think, than anything.
As mentioned by others, more stress testing coming up so more invites going out.
Never give up, never surrender!

2 Likes

There will be a Gnome invasion!!!
Level 1 raids on Hogger!

4 Likes

TFW you remember that the Second Doctor[1] played Dr. Wolfgang Adolphus Ratfink von Petal in an episode of The Goodies[2]
1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Troughton
2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baddies

2 Likes

(They can look for bugs just as easily as anyone else)
one streamer reported no stats on starting gear as a bug
another one reported to much boss damage becous his gear was broken

where as a player like me could put my knowledge to good use

my luck with betas has never been good but the release drawing close is exciting

1 Like

Dunno whether it ever worked, but ‘back in the day’ I got into a few betas. I’d tried to always give useful, constructive info on apparent bugs and oddities. I’d presume such info would count for something inside Blizz HQ QA.
But yeah, mostly luck. And as always, don’t forget random is random - it rarely works as the human brain expects it might.

1 Like

Had totally forgotten the story could possibly be seen as a riff on Autons, that was only about 18 months earlier. What a gem to get Troughton in on the joke. Honestly, if you consider yourself a Whovian, track this episode down.

Hogger may or may not be on the payroll.
I heard that he gets to keep an armload as payment.

3 Likes

Or you could look on it as letting new players to Classic know that these are correct and not bugs. It may be a way to let players who weren’t there for Vanilla know that it is normal and not bugs. How are 10-20 streamers going to affect the overall testing? Again, if they weren’t there the spots would not be filled by average players. Their spots are part of marketing, not specifically Beta testing.

1 Like

So tail end of the storm update. The closing credits if you will.

Nasty weather. Some areas got 8 inches in the last 24 hours. My wife is off work today. Her company closed yesterday due to the weather. She called the staffing person this morning to say she was going to be late. She would have driven through the heart of the storm where even the storm chasers were pulled over on the news…

Staffing said they were just in the middle of sending a message to people to get there when they could but safety was the first priority. Then the school sent notice of opening at 9, not 7. But now it is closed.

Kids are on an hour and half delay for school as well, but we live on the opposite side of town as the major storm. If eldest did not have finals today I would hold them out.

Youngest needs to go to school as he is deep in his head of internet not working so I can’t watch TV.

Hint. He is mad cuz he can’t watch YouTube. Second hint. Cuz I unplugged the router due to his excessive attitude of waking up on the wrong side of the earth today.

Mast, does kiddo connect to your home network wirelessly?