Corruption Gear Isn't Required for 2100+

c o n s e n t u a l

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure it’s possible to hit 2100 with 430 ilvl as well but playing the game at a 20% overall damage disadvantage makes things more difficult.

1 Like

generally more believable when you haven’t already had 450 games and still 200pts of lol.

1 Like

Depends how you look at it. Can I play sub at 445 ilvl with the people I’ve pushed 2.8k with in the past and obtain 2100? Probably. But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s definitely more difficult to do so than it was in past seasons. As bad as sub has been in bfa, in past seasons I could push with no voice pugs to 2400 by inflation and easily get 2100 on the first week of season.

But can I get 2100 on the first week of season with voiceless pugs this season, let alone now which is like 5 weeks in? I’d be lucky if my healer didnt oom and flop because a warrior’s passive bleed dot does 2.5 more dmg and a DH with 3 buttons to press has 3 times more dmg than me that can multiply by 180% with a random corruption proc.

And doesn’t the very existence of this thread(and the fact that replies are being made to it) mean that there are enough people who feel corruption is an issue? Corruption doesn’t necessarily dictate whether you lose or win. However, how strong it is in the current meta warrants people to feel that their loss comes from it rather than skill level. In past seasons, how many people complained that they lost because pvp template was gone and the enemy had 3 more gem sockets than they did? Or how many complained that they lost cuz their neck was 7 ilvl lower? Definitely not as many as people who feel robbed of wins in this corruption meta.

You’re 500 games into the season you potato. You’re not even 2k yet.

Oh and in case you’re wondering where you should be here’s a 2k alt for you that gets left out in the rain to die because 8.3 has broken me.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/frostwolf/communism

I’d rather watch Warlock Joe and Tyrel Ironsoul buy a hotdog at 2PM

So much anger, the truth really stings. Yet anytime I want to I can go to 2.1k so it’s still true even at 450 games played. Also I literally spend every day playing with random players at every rating and skill level because I generally play arena for fun. Like playing over 40 games with a guy with 300 ILVL and 112k Health. Still have over 60% win rate I dunno. Blaming corruption gear on why you cannot move up is just your FOTM.

There are people like you that can say corruption gear isn’t needed and can play over 2k games and eventually hit 2.1k and their argument still stands. You play with someone who has 300ilvl and 112k hp who is at a rating below 1000 and that will probably put you up against teams that are really low in mmr. I bet you play with most of the low ilvl players just so you can bump down your mmr and keep that win/loss ratio and then queue with super geared players that are decked out in BiS corruption effects to maintain that rating and then finally proceed to make a futile post on the forums trying to defend why the most essential effects in this game are not required to “move up”.

No offense to you, as I understand that you are either trying to prove a point or being very naïve and oblivious since you don’t have 2100 yet. But from what I have seen so far in arenas, its hard to convince me that corruption gear isn’t required to prevail against players who have corruption gear that is considered to be very game-breaking. Ofc unless you are willing to post a video of your gameplay on here where you face and beat 2k+mmr teams that are rocking corruption effects while you and your partner aren’t, then I would say you are making some progress here.

i spent so much of this week losing mirrors to a pve dk that i haven’t ever lost to in like 3 total xpacs qing into him because he has 40% haste and t3+t2 mindflay and i have void ritual

i think that if you’re a consistent player you can get to any rating regardless of what you have or dont have
but i also think you’ll lose a HUGE number of games that you wouldn’t otherwise lose if templates existed

" So LiKe YeAh YoU cAn Do It BuT like It’S like HaRd "

Really writing whole novels just to tell me I am right.

1 Like

ill be real

if you had t3 everything you’d prob still struggle to get 2100

3 Likes

Thanks for being real. Who are you?

Blood Elf DK who got Glad in 2018. I got 2400 on a Holy Priest in 3s that’s like your best rating x3.

Hard stuck since they took away your AOE blanket silence.

you got duelist rating in dread when people were 3500?
and nothing since?

dunno what you looked at but it wasn’t achievements

You are not even the DK I was talking to but nice to see you flocking in unaware. Guess its hard to tell you are not a Blood Elf though. Takes a lot of brains.

i am though

Yes Unaware is your name. Good. Getting smarter.

you are very stuck under 2k

Strange. Lets bet your account on that? Then in a week I will post from 2200 and you can email me your info.

a week is a long time for 300 points

and hpriest destro is the best comp in the game

betting my account that you wont play 700 more games in 7 days is pretty stupid

the first 500 games shouldnt have been so hard for you

So let me get this right… Just because someone has 440 games played you are assuming that every game they played was an attempt to push rating? You do know not everyone is you?

Edit: I don’t PvE like you do and this is my only character since I am not trying to gear any alts in the current system. I know this may blow your mind entirely but I play arena for fun and have no problem pushing rating if I feel like doing so. However I play all the time with players at much lower ratings than my own and I help people push to 1600-1800 all the time who probably would otherwise never be there. That’s why I have so many games played not because of any other reason.

On a side note I find it pretty funny that what I said in the beginning was completely 100% true and it triggered you so hard. There are plenty of players at and above 2100 (like 60% of my friends list) who do not PVE like you and do not have the corruption gear.

1 Like