Corruption Explosion Soon

Just a heads-up:

3 Likes

Winter is coming.

3 Likes

Casual PvPers are gonna get the levelers vs. twinks bg experience at max level…

4 Likes

Looks like the corruption change is a vendor type deal using echoes.

Since you can get echoes from a lot of different types of content it looks like even casual players will be able to stack specific corruptions and the cloak changes will make it really easy to get to 15.

I’m gonna have to try stacking certain stats on various healers and see how it goes! Of course I’ll also be getting hit by more T3 corruption procs at the same time.

1 Like

This doesn’t help players who’s mains can’t earn echoes. This was poorly thought out by Blizzard.

6 Likes

I think I lucked out big time, because when “Echoes of Nyalotha” first went live I actually logged into an alt first (I had logged out on it the night before after doing some bgs). I didn’t even know about the whole “mains not earning echoes” thing at the time, was totally random on my part.

So my “main” has continued to bank echoes all this time :rofl:

1 Like

That is the best experience! It’s the reason we do BGs to have an unfair advantage against some randoms and just YEET them. That is the cycle of random BGs.

1 Like

They’re changing costs and earning rate by 5x. Not sure how many people who have been saving them for awhile have.

Looking at the costs and earning rate combined with the fact that corruption availability rotates on a schedule… I think they need to improve the system a bit.

When you finally get enough to get a T3 corruption you want, you should be able to get it, not have to wait for the rotation to be on the one you want. I don’t see why they don’t just have them all available at all times.

Wait… what?!

There’s a rotating schedule too?

This will go well…

3 Likes

Because that doesn’t follow the carrot on a stick gaming model of success at Activision. The goal is to keep us logged in for as many hours as possible and it doesn’t matter if we have fun or not. Just how long they can get players to play for. Having a system the means less hours playing time hurts the metric for success.

I really hope that players realize that the systems are poorly designed on purpose to fill success metrics of time played. It’s like cops getting quota on silly tickets, they have to do it! The Devs have a time played Quota they have to meet and thus every system is born from that.

1 Like

Can’t wait for a player to accidentally buy the wrong corruption because the one they actually want got rotated out or something.

1 Like

Even if that were the main reason, it wouldn’t make sense. If I save up the currency I need to get the corruptions I want and they just aren’t up in the rotation, I don’t actually have to keep playing until they’re up. I can just stop playing until they are up so I can finally go buy them.

Presumably once I buy them I will want to actually use them as well, so letting me get them once I have the currency may actually lead to me playing more because hey, now I’m more powerful and want to actually play with that new power that I have.

sigh…

3 Likes

Idk if this guy is exaggerating, but:

Meanwhile, others are like:

1 Like

Yea I was reading through that thread a bit and the lack of an echo reset seems to be the primary focus.

Maybe they’ll end up resetting them like they usually do when they make any major currency changes. Though I guess if they’re doing it tomorrow they don’t have much time to decide.

I think the rotation system will become the primary focus of people’s rage once the system is actually out and they experience it in action.

I wonder if Blizzard knows that some players’ mains don’t get any Echoes right now.

What if that continues?

1 Like

I think they know because it was intentional originally to not bother giving people the currency if they don’t need it. The reason they got zero was because they were not eligible to buy any essences with the system. I guess because they either already had them all or had not unlocked an essence on another character that they didn’t already have. Blizzard apparently did not think at that time that they’d end up giving the currency a larger purpose that people would need on their mains who already had essences.

They also mentioned it in the post:

We plan to expand the availability and purpose of this new currency. Now, once any character completes the legendary cloak questline, they will immediately begin earning Echoes of Ny’alotha from all of the usual sources.

which is different than the current requirement where you only get the currency if you have something you could spend it on.

I don’t understand … why don’t some mains get echoes ?

I typically only play my shaman and I have a lot of echoes .

BTW I like this change… now everyone can get the BiS corrruption so it makes things more fair . When everyone has superpowers , no one is a superhero

When I was buying essences at the vendor I thought to myself that it felt like cheating in comparison to doing the grind manually

Now i know that karma is real

I think if their main had all rank 3 essences, the system didn’t bother to give them any more Echoes.

I think it’s going to further widen the power gaps that we see in random bgs.

Before, RNG might have prevented PvE players from getting their bis corruption on their 475+ ilevel gear. Now, they can stack all of it together. Powerful corruptions on their high ilevel gear. Lesser geared players are going to get nuked in random bgs.

3 Likes