Corruption Explosion Soon

Ppl getting 475 gear already were getting more chances to get corrupted items as is compared to the casual players ( i think the weekly mythic chest has guaranteed corruption )

This will negate the corruption effects and only leave the ilevel gap while now we had the ilevel gap as well as corruption .

I think Corruption scales with ilevel. So, even if we both have the same Corruption, if they have it on a 475+ ilevel item, it’ll be more powerful for them.

I guess we’ll see what happens, but I think this is gonna let geared players stomp even harder in random bgs. Players on lesser geared toons might be in for a rough time.

Everybody’s mains are going to start accumulating echos once the change goes live. They’re upping their droprates and the cost of things by a ton so the characters that can’t get them now won’t be at a serious disadvantage.

Like, if I started stockpiling echos right now I’d barely be one step ahead of the people who have to wait for the update to start.

If you have no echoes, you’ll have time to start stockpiling them as the vendor won’t be available tomorrow. So don’t worry about being behind.

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=316124/may-18th-hotfixes-echoes-changes-with-weekly-reset-but-corruption-vendor-not-ava

You’re better off spending them now while the cost of everything is low, unless you legit have no essences left to purchase. Where 500 echos would get you an essence now, it’ll only get you 1/5th of one after the update. I’m certain that the cost of corruption will be similarly high.

I’m talking about corruption though. People saying they have no echoes, but no one will be able to buy corruption tomm.

Will the PvP players be able to find the vendor and make the right choice
:joy:

This is a good move, gushing for everyone

2 Likes

I’m thinking with OP’s titlte N’Zoth is coming.

If I’m not mistaken doesn’t the pvp chest work the same way? Though - if you get a trinket there’s no corruptions of course.

Wonder if Dwarf/DI can remove gushing. But it probably just stacks again really quickly.

1 Like

No
 the PvP chest does not have guaranteed corruption

I got a corrupted item after losing a random BG lol. Granted only 425 ilvl. Also got my weapon out of a pvp chest with corruption. Hands as well, but not a good corruption so I’m not wasting it on a slot.

Yeah, talk about RNG. I got a T3 Twilight Dev on a 415 ring after a BG. My pally is still using a T3 TD on a 430 belt because I can’t get better corruptions.

This is very interesting. Hoping they deal with the mains and lack of echoes debacle I can see very interesting possible combinations. I daresay I’ve become excited.

3 Likes

This is true. Not sure how much they’re adjusted in PvP.

Maybe when everyone has them they’ll be more inclined to make balance changes rather than pretend like it isn’t a problem since only a handful had perfect combos.

Or if the power gap increases even further beyond the already crazy gap, maybe they’ll finally adjust PvP scaling to close the gap.

1 Like

Yes it does.

Ok 
 maybe I haven’t been noticing .

Maybe you got some items that don’t corrupt. Badges obviously don’t. Trinkets/azerite.

It should be corrupting. Doesn’t mean you’ll get anything useful
 I’m still using only one PvP item :joy:

Could be 
 all the ‘good’ corruption I got are from running Horrific Visions .

Instead of keeping corruption out of PvP they literally make it easier.

Yup, see you all in freakin’ Shadowlands.

/wanders off.

2 Likes

To fix PvP. Sorry had to fix that for you. Scaling is just Templates 2.0 and we don’t want it in this game. Thanks. Let gear be gear where everything is transparent. If you don’t have gear you get YEETED. Just like the days when PvP was great and the damage that you did on your screen was the same on the enemies screen.

8.3 PvP is balanced around the core game design of corruptions and essences. You can’t eliminate them. Now people being able to use corruption as they plan will be welcomed. Things are about to get Yeeterific.

1 Like

What I’m getting at is that this reminds me too much of when I had the vial of shadows in freakin’ Cata on my ROGUE.

So much burst, so much RNG.

Can’t prepare for it.

:<

BOOM SPIKES ON THE GROUND. MINUS 100K
BOOM TENDRIL.

Me as a healer: nononononononono!

Dps died.

wepoifjweoifjiewofjieowfjo

2 Likes