Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

my thoughts on colors go thusly: black and white for velfs. but if not, then the pastel pallete, with velfs having cool pastel shades and belfs having warm pastel shades. for example, a velf would have pink with more a blue tint, and a belf would have coral pink with more of a warm yellow tint. a velf would have a cool light blue, a belf would have a turquoise light blue. a velf would have light teal - like a mint green, a belf would have seafoam green. in other words, more haircolors. yes please.

5 Likes

If this was some mocking attempt, sorry but the joke IS on you, cause that´s EXACTLY what ended up happening. Not sorry to say I called it, but as usual, nobody listened U_U. You people deffinitely haven´t figured out who you are dealing with in regards to Blizz and it´s devs (this is certainly not the first or second nor third time they go from vague to outright lying in regards to the stuff they hype and promise just to sell their game). Now you get why I asked for so little? Cause I´m quite aware how Blizz usually operates under the most mediocre parameters and expecting too much IS actually setting oneself for dissapointment?

I suppose at least I have to be grateful the most gaudy and tacky examples of “jewerly” (those horrible christmas bead esque abominations surrounding the torso) met an early end; cause those would have made an ever bigger point in elf superficial airheadness (cause sorry but jewerly designed to easily grab someone in the middle of battle and choke him/her with it it´s the peak of lack of battle self awareness).

But then what is it, class or race customization? Casue for ME, a class customization is quite independent from a racial one (I mean most DK / DH have access to the same damned stuff regardless of race, ergo they shouldn´t be included in the RACIAL proper customization count. The way I see it, RACIAL customization is the stuff you can put on the PC regardless of class (haircuts, skin color, hair color. The hero classes have both access to the racial AND to specific snowflake customization).

However, I pretty much doubt devs are gonna waste time implementing more customizations. They pull the vague card so people still buys the expac and spend money on the game under some hopeful/maybe/once upon a time wishful stance at some point in SL more stuff will be added; but looking at Blizz´s actual fulfillment of these expressions, yeah no. What was delivered IS what´s gonna be delivered in the foreseable future.

Since beta launched to be more precise in my case… it´s amazing how I was one of the people asking for LESS here and still got disappointed.

That´s nuBlizzard for you.

2 Likes

I really don’t want to get into it again because last time I got triggered like the bombs over Dresden, but basically my point was that since race XYZ can only be classes ABC that means that racial customisation is locked behind class, although obviously to a lesser extent than Demon Hunters and DKs.

Fair enough; however my point still stands. Class customization (specially in regards to the snowflake “hero classes” is basically a thing of it´s own, in which player get the basic racial stuff + stuff SHARED across races but common to the class). As a Belf rogue I can literally copy-paste my toon´s looks in ALL and EVERY of the available classes for the race; however I can´t do the same in regards to my DH (nope, only some parts of his custoimization can be replicated, not all).

I suppose we are indeed arguing in circles; we both know Blizz won´t implement anything else for the Belf race (heck, I don´t think they will implement anything else for ANY other race. They have to focus now on the expac after SL after all, with that pro-mediocrity accelerated business model they have going on since MoP.

2 Likes

tbh it seems like void elves counted towards the blood elf customisation budget.

3 Likes

And me and Lann kinda called it too, but don´t let the Helfer posters hear this, according to them we were histerical a-holes trying to limit their creativity and rights.

Meanwhile, Blood elves basically lost their entire aesthetical identity to an allied race, but of course, I was the neurotic paranoid woman /sarcasm

I repeat, seems people has NO idea who are they dealing with in regards to Blizz… a freaking expac full of them lying to the playerbase wasn´t enough to make it more evident for some posters.

5 Likes

Lann is literally a helfer.

Well, regarding my brand of “Helfer”.

For me a “Helfer” proper poster is the one that literally favours only the stuff in benefit to the Helves, regardless on how this can negatively impact the Belves (heck, the most the Belves lose, the better for those people). He at least has some respect for some Belf stuff and the lore surrounding the race.

It just seems to me that someone pushing for high elf customisation for void elves and then also trying to claim to be horrified that, surprise surprise, that resulted in blood elves losing visual uniqueness is trying to have their cake and eat it too.

2 Likes

Ergo, my deffinition of the forum brand “Helfer”.

In some sense, we all thalassian enthusiast are Helfers (after all, this was the original brand name for the race in the game); however not all of us want to favour exclusively only the very first iteration regardless on how this can negatively impact it´s second (Belf) or third (Velf) iteration. For me only the people that, as you put it, worked tiredlessly and almost OCD-ish to get their “Helf” looks in Alliance without truly taking into account how that could be detrimental from an aesthetical PoV to the actual iteration of the race available for more than a decade on Horde or the identity of the AR implemented in Alliance ARE the ones deserving of the Helfer forum branding. Cause their “tears” are but crocodile ones and just done to save face imho.

Then I’m kind of confused why you posted this.

Old mate pushed very hard for high elf customisations right up until about a month or so ago.

I’m happy for the VE customization. I’m unhappy it’s come at the expense of BEs receiving decent customization. Seems fairly clear my stance has been on fairness, I don’t have a bone to pick with the idea of model exclusivity I never did, until I saw Blood Elves weren’t given anything off their list of requests in turn. As far as the rest of what was said above I’ve always been defensive of BE lore / story.

8 Likes

dang i hope this isnt the case.

3 Likes

egads, i think you’ve infected me with the ariel virus, because i find myself more and more in agreement with you, even if originally, i didnt.

here’s a thread to contribute to if you are interested

We need less high elf customization and more void elf customization. Fleshy mutated old god skin tones with teeth and eyes over their skin. Tentacle hair, N’zoth style eyes, black eyes, red eyes, etc.

4 Likes

for who? belfs already have high elves, minus braids and tats. velfs currently still look like velfs even with normal skin tones because velf hair is visually strong. when i changed my velfs skin tones, even with blue or purple eyes, they still looked like velfs, to me. to resolve for helfs on both belfs and velfs, we need braided hairstyles and tats.

since some dev said the intent was to make high elves a customizable option for both belfs and velfs, the best way to do that is make skin color options tied to the braided hair and beard styles, and make them faction exclusive

1 Like

For void elves. High elf customization shouldn’t be the main focus of void elves. They’re void elves and should have proper void themed customization.

3 Likes

helfs are currently not possible as a velf, as far as i’m concerned. the skin color and eyecolor alone, is not enough. also, i’m more of a fan of the space/scifi vibe for velfs, rather than old gods. more ethereal, less worm. they were almost converted into ethereals, not tentacle beasts

who are ethereals

3 Likes

What makes you think that?

There wasn’t any actual work involved in giving Void Elves those skin tones. They are literal copy/pastas of the Blood Elf skins. The underwear hasn’t even been changed yet nor has the facial geometry been fixed for the faces using the copied skin.

Since no actual work has been done on Void Elves beyond refitting the eyes like every other race and allied race got, what gives you the impression that Void Elves ate up any of the “Blood Elf budget”?

8 Likes

:rofl: it seems like more because velfs went from having like 4 skin colors, to a whole bunch. and from 1 eyecolor, to several new ones. during a time, when allied races werent supposed to receive any customization work. my nightborne has received zero customizations, same for my lightforged draenei etc.