Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Well its not like Void Elves were the only allied race to get some new options. Several got new eyes, Kul Tirans got mustaches and beards separated, Nightborne females got some new earrings, etc.

really? i did not see that.

All I know is once the pre-patch drops I am going to spend most of my time at the Barber Shop on various alts switching up pretty much everything!

I am looking forward to this.

1 Like

Yea they got one new set of earrings… it’s not much and certainly nowhere near what they need and deserve, but it was something. TBH, Lightforged and Nightborne should, at the very least, get their eye refits before pre-patch hits.

2 Likes

Mechagnomes and some other allied Races got new eye colors before the BE/VE Skin/Eye Swap.

VE Eyes where being datamined before the swap as well.

The Skins where a literal copy paste of files. Same with eyes for BE.

So aside from the swap they have got just about as much work as some allied races. And the skins aren’t even optimized to facial rigging and underwear yet.

So It’s highly doubtful that VEs getting stuff had any effect on Blood Elves.

It’s more likely the Backlash over Skins/Jewelry made them timid to add things, or they are just lazy.

2 Likes

or the political environment is complicating things. like i have a friend ingame who was trying to play wow with a potato. i felt so sorry for her i bought her a new computer and had them ship it via fed-ex to her home which turned out to be in the middle of nowhere. took a long time to get there because stuff is so messed up right now.

if blizz is farming out their art assets, that could be part of the problem

The fact that blood elves got a lower than average amount of content while void elves are the only AR that got any meaningful content.

I did say seems.

4 Likes

It’s weird to me they are hesitant to add anything. And it’s not like there’s a lack of story to pull from. War tattoos, arcane tattoos, feathers in hair, jewelry options in the hair more ear jewelry, scars, additional hairstyles, beards, beauty marks, freckles, arcane jewelry, rings similar to the black jewel toy… There are SO many options. It’s maddening to me they could go so big on Night Elf and let Blood Elves down so hard.

11 Likes

I’ll give you a hint.

I forgot they are a poor indie company.

You’ve never worked in software development, I take it?

Was what Void Elves got “meaningful”? Absolutely. But more because of what it represented and what it provided than the amount of effort invested in making it (i.e. virtually none). It did not, however, entail much, if any, actual work thus did not take time or resources away from Blood Elves.

Make no mistake, I fully agree Blood Elves got shortchanged in the customization department. I just don’t think Void Elves have much to do with that. As silly as this seems to me as I type this, I half believe they might have purposefully went lighter on Blood Elf options just because of how popular they are. No need to gild the rose and all that.

8 Likes

Oh…

Well what am I supposed to do with this?

5 Likes

Put it in a gilded vase and sit it on top of your solid gold toilet? :smiley:

4 Likes

But that’s only if you truly believe Blizzard wouldn’t cut corners. Just because they didn’t spend much money on making them doesn’t mean they wouldn’t count them.

I mean we got Mag’har as an AR and they had almost no actual new resources.

4 Likes

The Iron Throne has nothing on the majesty of this throne.

4 Likes

They have a history of doing this (see WoD), so it tracks.

Still, it’s not hard to imagine Blizzard using Void Elves as a scapegoat for the lack of Blood Elf customizations though.

3 Likes

Oh I absolutely believe Blizzard would cut corners wherever they could, especially with the crunch they are currently going through getting SL ready for launch. But I don’t think the Blood Elf corner cutting had anything to do with Void Elves.

4 Likes

Part of me thinks Blizzard is afraid. If they give Something to Blood Elves, High Elf, and Void Elf fans will riot. If they give void options to Void Elves. The Blood Elf, and High Elf fans will riot. If they give More High Elf options to Void Elves, Void Elf, and Blood Elf fans will riot. Trying to cater to all, never works as intended.

If they gave that awful jewelry to Void Elves, and High Elves. I would dance a lively jig. Just saying.

3 Likes

Okay, well I didn’t think I had to say this but I am not a spokesman for Blizzard. I’m just saying how it seems to me. I’m not alone in thinking this. It’s a perfectly logical theory.

I think you’re overthinking it.

Why would they spend money they don’t have to? I’ve never met a project manager in my life who wouldn’t cut corners to save squid.

4 Likes