Confirmed MSAA Anti-Aliasing produces Error 132

Same.

Even after fixing the black screen thing (DX 11), if I enable antialiasing game crashes.

This worked for me also. Using a Vega 56 and DX12.

I get crashes now in dx12 and 11 now so I have to use legacy. I turned off the alpha test as well. AA is off.

Thanks, everyone! Weā€™re referring MSAA related crashes to this thread. These are the following work around that have been found by Velaisa and a few others on this thread! - Thank you all for testing these workarounds and finding what works!

Hereā€™s a compounding list of what has been working for those running in the MSAA Error#132 crashes:

• Switch to CMAA or lower AA.
  • With MSAA - Turn off Multisample Alpha Test (May cause stuttering)
  • Disable Anti-Aliasing

Directx11/Directx11Legacy does not resolve this issue from what weā€™ve seen so far, but may help reach the character or loading screen long enough to adjust the settings above.

If you need to edit the settings manually through the WTF/Config.wtf file, these are the following settings. (Click here) FXAA Low
SET ffxAntiAliasingMode "1"

FXAA High
SET ffxAntiAliasingMode ā€œ2ā€

CMAA
SET ffxAntiAliasingMode ā€œ3ā€

MSAA 2x
SET MSAAQuality ā€œ1,0ā€

MSAA 4x
SET MSAAQuality ā€œ2,0ā€

MSAA 8x
SET MSAAQuality ā€œ3,0ā€

This is only been found on AMD cards so far. If these do not resolve the issue, you are running into a different issue. Please start a new thread to continue troubleshooting and discussing the issue.

Thatā€™s a different issue that weā€™re aware of, turning off the Shader Cache and switching over to Directx11 are the workarounds available for the issue. Weā€™re still seeing the issue after the 8.1.5 patch.

For those running into the Shader Error#134 crashes, please refer to this thread.

Letā€™s try and keep this thread linear to the MSAA Error#132 crashes!

Hi Blizz,

Encountered this issue on 2 machines in my home. Error 132.

Report ID#
84D1F3B5-B432-4417-BC6D-498EC7336E7A

Both machines run max settings @ 1440p with 4x MSAA. Common things between them:

-Resolution
-Settings (all sliders, everything max, player & NPC physics, DX12, MSAA used)
-Ryzen processors (gen 1 & 2 chips)
-ram kits (Corsair ddr4-3200, 1 @ stock 1 @ DOCP 3200 MHz)
-HP EX920 m.2 drives

One has a VEGA 64 reference card, the other an Asus STRIX RTX 2060. Everything else hardware is different otherwise.

Initially using compatibility mode based on Google-Fu for windows 7 fixed it one machine but not the other. Scan & repair done on both. no mods installed or present at all (recent windows 10 installs), all updates/drivers, no sfc /scannow issues/etc. Finding this using the googsā€™ and changing from MSAA to jaggy CMAA seems to allow the games to run on both machines with the aforementioned settings.

Is it proper to assume a possible fix in a future patch for our delicious MSAA to return?

Confirmed - also impacted. Running CMAA insteadā€¦ /bleh

Thanks for the tip. I was able to log on after doing this. Weā€™ll see how it goes playing. Thank you!

These are only workarounds. As of 8.1.5.29737 this still has not been fixed.

Radeon VII running dx12. Confirmed I was using CMAA as a fix. Just tried turning on MSAA x8 on with MultiSample Alpha Test disabled and everything seems to be working.

Vega 56 here, after the most recent update I kept crashing immediately with msaa on. Will try the fix when I get home from work.

The most recent AMD driver (19.4.1) should resolve the issue with WoW and MSAA.

From AMD release notes:

Fixed Issues

• World of Warcraftā„¢ patch 8.1.5 or later may experience an intermittent crash or application hang when MSAA is enabled.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-4-1

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. Appreciate you sharing the information!