Error 132 Fatal Exception

Whenever I try to change my graphics setting I get a Error 132. It doesn’t matter if I try in game or at the character select screen. It still crashes with a Error 132. I also get it sometimes after I click the play button and WoW doesn’t even load. Any ideas of what may be causing this? I uploaded the error in a pastebin.

pastebin. com/HuTZMyUf

Hi Liorran

Looks like Discord might be involved here. Try disabling the Discord Overlay.

I am also getting that error when changing my graphics settings, after 8.1.5 blizz reset the graphics settings. So I went to set them back to how I had them & got error #132 when I clicked apply. After doing some more tests, it’s whenever I select Anti-Aliasing MSAA x2, x4, x8. My GPU is Vega 56 with the newest drivers.

Also discord is not running.

Turning off the Discord overlay worked, but was curious if there were any ideas on how I could fix it so I can have the overlay on again? This just started happening after the patch and updating Windows, so I’m not sure if it is the patch or Windows update.

Overlays often cause issues with Blizzard games. There is a support page detailing that here:

Mine is happening rn. Nothing is in the background, just updated the latest patch and windows, have deleted cache, interface, wtf folders, reseted computer but still that error #132 keeps popping up. Pls help, this thing annoys tf outta me

Hi Amalyaxx

Let’s take a look at your most recent error. If you navigate to the Wow folder then the Retail folder. Look for a folder called “Errors”. Paste the most recent on pastebin.com It is a long wall of text.

(provide the code from the pastebin link - the green bold portion of this example: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P**)

Sorry to highjack but also receiving the same error. Have tried the fix posted in other threads to no avail.

VF58Mza0 - pastebin of most recent crash.

Appreciate any help.

Hi Mvmt

Can you paste a complete error. Should be a long wall of text.

LRJ1G7Rk - I think thats what youre after. Thanks Tratt.

It looks like the AMD graphics have an issue. DirectX is crashing and I see this broken loaded AMD module.

1. DBG-MODULE<000007fef7210000 0002B000 “amdihk64.dll” “” 0 {00000000-0000-0000-0000000000000000} 0 1547077979>

That is AMD Relive. You might try disabling then test. Myself I would use DDU to uninstall the AMD graphics then reinstall using Custom settings - avoid installing Relive.

We like to use DDU (Device Driver Uninstaller) for the clean uninstall. Official download is here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1490

Basically you extract the uninstaller from the download. Then unplug the Ethernet or disable the Wifi to avoid Windows automatic driver installation. I like to boot the computer into safe mode then run the DDU tool. On the tool you select Graphics type then AMD. Run the recommended “Clean then restart”.

(If Nvidia graphics were installed at one time you would want to run the tool again and clean those out)

One other thing comes to mind here. Is Windows right up to date - don’t count on automatic installation. Click on Settings then Updates and Security - run the updater.

Having the same exact problem while running dx12. Any chance you can tell me what’s wrong, please?

bin link - L1z27Ehj

Hi Starval

It looks like Geforce Experience and perhaps ShadowPlay are causing this. You might use DDU as I outlined above to uninstall things. Then reinstall “custom install” - select Graphics only - no Geforce Experience (common cause of Wow issues).

Carry on with the install until you hit the box with softwares to uninstall. Uncheck everything you can. Aim to only install the Graphics driver. Beneath is a box you can check for “Clean Install” check that box.

This is funny in a sad way. Apps & drivers from both team red, green & programs from other companies causing the game to crash… Maybe just maybe vs us uninstalling & disabling everything on our systems Blizzard could try to test their code better & either fix it on their end or if needed contact those companies & work with them to get it fixed before sending out patches that break everything…

It’s not just Blizzard doing stuff like this. It’s the current state of the industry.
Features & patches are forced out with not enough testing done. Everything is now “a service” something working fine one night might be completely broken when you wake up.

2 Likes

Hi Nightflyer

Thing is all those overlays and streaming apps are “Fluff” that folks add to the game. They are not supported by Blizzard.

Same problem here, I don’t have Relive or Discord. I can’t activate MSAA without a crash. Repair this please, the problem is the last patch.

If your using an AMD GPU you can go under Advanced->Multisample Alpha-Test->Disabled then press apply, you can then enable MSAA without the crash.

1 Like

Thanks friend, that fixed my problem. =)

Locking this thread. Initial OP’s issue was resolved with the Discord Overlay Hook - This is a known issue and can also work with Directx11/Directx11Legacy or disabling the Discord overlay.

We have also seen issues with other third party Overlays like RivaTuner, Chroma, Overwolf, GameCenter etc.

The thread has gone into the MSAA issue which we are aware of. For those experiencing the Anti-Aliasing crash, please refer to this thread.

If you’re unsure of the crash you’re running into, please start your own individual thread, so we keep the threads linear with the troubleshooting provided.