Community Council Members - Read

I don’t know what factors or qualities I had in my application that led me to being chosen; I’m as shocked as anyone else that I was. From what I can tell, they really did choose a massive variety and swathe of playstyles from the applications, and the invites aren’t done being sent out yet.

I’m staying in my lane and speaking for what I have personal relevant experience and opinions with and I see pretty much every CC person doing the same, from what I can tell. I have bare bones ideas on how retail PvP gearing works so I’m not going to be the lorax speaking for those issues, but I’m going to surely rally for TBCC servers and other things I’ve got an interest in.

I’m not obligated to speak for anyone but myself and, by proxy, those in similar playstyles and problems as my own. I understand that my words [might, who knows?] have at least a little bit of weight to them, so I’m doing my best to reach out and gather as much info from people as I can before I get into the nitty gritty on the CC instead of just being seen as pushing my ‘own agenda,’ and I think that’s a pretty reasonable approach to take. :man_shrugging:

You’re right, that is hostile towards them. However… I’ve not seen any reason to believe this council is nothing more than an echo chamber for the Blizz devs to feel better about themselves and we have no reason to not be hostile at this time.

I was under the impression we were supposed to get people that would tell them what they were doing that wasn’t good, and how to fix it.

I have a few issues with the game myself, none of which I’ve seen addressed yet. And so far, several of the people have acted more like they “deserved” this “honor” rather than get to the business of providing ideas.

I know, it’s early, and there’s still time for that to change, but so far, it’s not a good start.

1 Like

Like what? I’d be interested in hearing them

Actually…

You just addressed one I’ve been interested in and I appreciate you bringing it up:

Please add this to the discussion, I think it was very well done:

And also for Shaman, Enhancement has been clunky even after the Legion revamp (which WAS a step in the right direction), but in Shadowlands it’s gotten even worse.

I feel there are a couple of things that would help, such as uncoupling Frost and Fire Shock so they don’t both end up on the GCD at the same time, and if we are going to use Lightning in our rotation, make it more meaningful than it is now. It’s barely a tickle and feels “lame” when you use it.

1 Like

I posted this a while back to glorious ignore:

Ok so here is my concept. I want player housing and a guild hall. However there are a list of challenges that I feel have to be meet.

1. WOW’s system is too old to handle the task of thousands of houses per realm in the open world. However it could handle it in a specially designed zone. And phase it so that everyone can have a home.
  2. WoD has shown us that having homes does get boring without real customization options and when everyone too busy to visit your spot. So I want to build in a reason that your friends would be in the area anyways and have access to wander by and be impressed.
  3. The current guilds took a major hit with the nerf to guild perks and the loss of master loot. I would like to give them a healthy way of building themselves back up.

Thus I would like to introduce my concept for “The Sanctuary of the forgotten”.

Back-story:
During our fight with the Jailer we are deep underground near Azeroth herself. In an attempt to destroy the players the Jailer slowly wipes our entire history from the collective memory of the universe. As we slowly fade away we manage to stop it at the very last minute leaving our past forever scarred. We will no longer be remembered any place we go. Sure we will have great faction, but no one will remember why or how. Our faces will blur in the memory as soon as we walk away. For this act of bravery we can no longer have a home anymore.
We manage to save Azeroth before the Jailor can complete his plans. Upon seeing our fate Azeroth gifts us with a place to be. The Sanctuary of the forgotten.

Location description:
Underground in a massive Geode there is an island floating in the water. This island in a geode is so massive it contains a light source and a sky that looks to be as if you were not underground at all. This is the largest of the islands that contain 250 players housing plots. Additionally you will be able to unlock and port to a repeating smaller island clone that with have an additional 100 slots.

The main island will be broken up into several environment styles in each direction in the center is a giant guild hall castle with a tall waterfall flowing unto an underground cavern.

Solo player house VS Guild hall:
If you are without a guild your house will be on the main island in whatever location plot you would like. If you are in a guild you will be randomly placed and can trade places with your guild members or you can take over a new empty slot of your choice.

The Guild Hall features:

1. The castle will come with model skins of castles already used in WoW, select one and apply the look you like. The more you raid the more options open.
  2. The castle will have an auction house where only guild goods can be posted and sold to guild members only.
  3. The castle will have targeting dummies and a small pvp arena so that your members can test their skills.
  4. The castle will have a total of 3 NPC’s that you can assign material’s collection quests too. Once you have chosen from a list of materials the NPC will then offer a collection quest to your members in return for guild favor.
  5. The castle will have a specialty vender that will sell collectable transmog items in return for guild favor.
  6. The castle will have a port to Stormwind and additional ports to any small islands (that will be randomly made). Small islands will open up to meet guild housing slot demands.
  7. The castle will come with a “drunken mage” that upon bribing will open up a portal to your desired raid entrance.
  8. The guild leadership will be able to assign a guild member as “decorator” just in case they are not great at those things.
  9. The guild can control the color of the geode, the weather in the sky and the clarity of the water.

House features:

1. Your plot of land is now your own, you choose everything on it from a list of all know wow assets.
  2. You can open up new assets with activity in the open world and by participating with your guild.
  3. You control the lawn, plots on the lawn, the house, the paintings in your house, the placement of furniture, the levels on your house and the overall model skin on your house.
  4. You can lock your house and outside gate or leave it open for your guild members to be in awe of.

Cool notes:

Some housing will be available in the caverns under the island for those that like it dark. The island should have tons of Easter eggs. The smaller island will have a port in station instead of a guild hall.

Ok I unloaded my brain. Please let me know what you think and if you want to add any ideas I would welcome them.

1 Like

That looks super cool

1 Like

I love this. I would LOVE to see guild housing be something we get.

I know one of the council members has a plan to make a post about this, keep your eyes out!

1 Like

Not mine, I happened to come across it in a Reddit post so I saved it.

I would absolutely love them to add an Earth Tank spec for us, I’d swap back and forth between that and Enhance.

One guy in my guild told me that if they do this he will never play another spec ever. lol

1 Like

I like other tank specs but I LOVE playing my Shaman the most. Adding a tank spec would give me a reason not to switch to another class to go do a dungeon. Hell, I’d tank every key myself if the spec was good enough.

Well it just fits so well thematically as well. I know a 4th spec on a class can seem overwhelming, but from a lore and gameplay perspective (like druids) 4 makes sense here.

1 Like

We barely know anything. It just started. Why would you be hostile to anyone??? Especially people that could possibly help you.

Yes. Exactly. Nothing has happened yet. Nothing is going on. Nothing is being talked about by Blizz with them.

I can’t even believe people are actually trying to justify being hostile to anyone.

I mean, honestly… what is wrong with people to think “it’s okay to be hostile and it makes sense!” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It’s about attitudes.

I’ve seen a few poor ones.

I’m hoping the helpful people like @Letholas here are able to get their voices heard over the prima donnas I’ve seen that are acting like they were a shoo-in for this thing, or the ones using it as a platform to personally advance themselves.

I want this council to be about promoting good changes, not about a bunch of people primping and preening like a bunch of overstuffed peacocks. It’s starting off looking like the latter, rather than the former.

1 Like

The recurring issue I’ve seen is that people are upset at 1) the people chosen and their “accomplishments” or lack thereof, and 2) that “their” topic has yet to be addressed.
This, along with no blue posts yet is leading to negative emotions and hostility.
Give us time to get our ideas out. A number of council members are consulting various guilds/discords/communities to get input to make a proper post. We’re in the early stages and just getting started!

This one doesn’t bother me. I expect it to take some to get many of the ideas we have rehashed in GD over to that forum. This is to be expected.

I’m not concerned as much about people’s credentials as how they present them and themselves because of said credentials. If that were the case, I would have scoffed at a DK talking about Shaman things. I read your post and you seemed to know what you were talking about and that was good enough for me.

What I’m talking about is a few of the people on the council have been in that forum and out coming across like they are better than everyone else BECAUSE of that title. If that’s how they want to act, they should either recuse themselves or be removed, because that’s not what this council was presented to everyone to be. You’re agreeing to be a mouthpiece for those issues that you’re passionate or knowledgeable about. If someone can’t do that, they won’t be viewed in a good light.

THIS is a good attitude, and I hope to see more of this. ^

1 Like

I want to feel trusting of those on the council. I want to feel that there is an openness with them and that they’re advocating for us from a position of honesty.

Posting on a lesser accomplished alt in order to retain a degree of anonymity does not encourage me to feel trusting.

I recognize that there are many worthwhile contributors across the forums who don’t necessarily post on their main, and that’s perfectly ok… though for something like the council, things should be a little more formal.

1 Like

Another poor excuse. You don’t justify being hostile for any reason. Especially on a forum of people that would have been willing to help you.

And honestly, I don’t even want to discuss anything with you now with such a view. So I’m going to move on.

When those people come across as hostile to others, they are met with hostility.

I’m sorry, but you’re just wrong here. :woman_shrugging:

The problem is, the people that I’m referring to are NOT the kind of people that come across as helpful to others. They are smug and self-serving, I wouldn’t expect their help in any way, and quite frankly, I wouldn’t want it judging by their attitudes.

There are a few gems though, and I’ve given them props, because they deserve it, and I hope to see more from them.

While I agree with you, a very large majority of the level 10 alts you see are folks from the EU servers who can’t use their EU license/data and had to level up a fresh character to 10 on NA servers to be able to post on the forums. I think it’s silly that it’s like that, but it is what it is.

You can still look at achievements for the NA folk on lowbie toons to get a fair grasp at what they’ve done as well, if you wanted to go digging.

My character is on TBCC servers but is my honest main and I’ve recently edited my introduction post to link to my retail main as well. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I am at least giving it my best shot and being as transparent as possible.

I don’t. I’m honestly not the digging type. If I gave that impression, it was inadvertent.

Come to think of it, I can only recall one person who I tried looking into a bit in any way. That was just someone who only posts contentiousness 99.99% of the time, and I was curious to browse their history.

In specific regards to the council, I’ll look at what’s being said, not the achievements and progress (or not) of the character used to say it. That’s my general approach to the forums overall, and I don’t see that changing.

1 Like